Rock Chip After Only 1 Week!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rock Chip After Only 1 Week! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I waited 14 weeks and finally my WRX had arrived, so far its been awesome! Now, after one week i ...

Rock Chip After Only 1 Week!

I waited 14 weeks and finally my WRX had arrived, so far its been awesome! Now, after one week i have noticed a rock chip on the fender, after some google research I have arrived on what i think is the best solution Dr. Color Chip Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems. It almost looks too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with this product? Any better solutions? HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    It's a rock chip. There will be many more. It's one of the harsh realities of being a car owner.

My advice is to not worry about it.

Its not a miracle, but it works pretty well.

I just had to use mine again last night. 1 year old car, 4th hood chip...

my hood looks like a dump truck unloaded pebbles over it. its a car, if its going out of the garage or off the showroom floor its bound to get a blemish. also remember its subaru paint which is horribly thin.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome...fix it and look into clear bra

I've used dr colorchip. Works well IMO. Would rather use that over touch up paint. No blobs. GL

After you fix it you may look into that 3M spray protector. I hear some people are having decent lucj with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

There is also paintscratch.com as well.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

chips are going to depend mostly on your location and where you drive. I don't think I have more than 1 or 2 chips on the entire front of my car and it's over a year old, but it's also double opti-coated and while that doesn't keep it from chips, it does help with sandblasting and that sort of thing. A direct hit from a rock at highway speeds is pretty much always going to chip the paint unfortunately.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Welcome to Subaru ownership.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I ordered the Dr. Color Chip. I'll post a review when I apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Welcome to Subaru ownership.
    Surprised you made it that long. first day I had a bumper chip from a dead bug..
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Trying driving a G37 coupe in Michigan. I had my WRX for 4.5 years...had about 6-7 chips when I sold it. My G37 is 8 months old...got about 7-8 already. Arg. Low, long hood + Michigan roads=not good. I haven't found ANY products that blow me away. Touch up paint...some super fine sandpaper and some clear coat touch up...good combo.
    I use this place:Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

The clear coat pens are nice...helps the colors match up better.

Dr Colorchip is awesome...and get a clear bra! Got mine within 5 days of picking up my car and it was a great decision!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garzdos View Post
    Dr Colorchip is awesome...and get a clear bra! Got mine within 5 days of picking up my car and it was a great decision!!!
    Don't use a clear bra on a light color car...especially white/pearl white. It will look like someone peed on it after about 6-9 months. I know several shops that won't even sell them because so many people complain after a while and insist on money back and uninstalls. If it's a darker color , go for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.