Wax question re post

This is a discussion on Wax question re post within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I asked this question in off topic forum but decided it is on topic as well... Kinda. I bought some ...

Wax question re post

I asked this question in off topic forum but decided it is on topic as well... Kinda. I bought some nice new wax for my black wrx the other day. It is a liquid wax. My boyfriend left the bottle open for at least 4 or 5 days probably longer. Is it okay to use still? Or should I make him buy me new stuff? It was left in a hot garage i might add.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This probably should get posted in the Detailing section. If your not sure why not try some on a small part of the car and see how it looks. You can try the inner door sill, behind the license plate or better yet his car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. i have moved your post to the detailing section.

in the future- please only post one thread in reference to your topic. if you feel you posted in the wrong area, just let a moderator or admin know and we will move it. (you can click the "report post" button to alert us )

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the product is still liquid then it should be fine. Only reason you are closing it is so it doesn't spill or dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    If the product is still liquid then it should be fine. Only reason you are closing it is so it doesn't spill or dry up.
    Just see if the chemicals are separated. If it looks lumpy even after shaking it, then it's likely beat. If it's all solid normal looking liquid then it's fine.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

If it was left in a hot garage for days it's probably separated and no good. Keep that stuff inside from now on.