Wolf's Hard Body
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wolf's Hard Body within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Finally got HB on the car this past Saturday. Car is an '11 Subaru WRX, Red. Car has a one ...

Wolf's Hard Body

Finally got HB on the car this past Saturday.
    Car is an '11 Subaru WRX, Red.
    Car has a one year old application of Opti-Coat on it. I just never liked the
    look of OC....I was always topping it with something. HB looked to be the answer.
    So, after the usual wash and clay bar, I polished out defects with HD Polish/white pad/ Griot's polisher without trying to remove much OC. I want as much of a barrier between the outside world and my soft paint as possible.
    Finish polished with 3M Ultrafina/3M blue pad/rotary. Followed with Chemical Guys
    Citrus Wash.

HB was easy to apply! I used a 2oz sprayer along with a Cquartz applicator covered with a suede mf applicator:

I used not quite .75 oz (20ml) of product for two coats:

Washed with Nano Bathe today to clean up any areas I may have missed when buffing off the last coat. Really nice beading:

The car has an amazing shine to it now. The best it has ever looked. Very satisfied!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HB has had mixed reviews that i've read about it. I have not used it, but if I were to use anything else I would either use 22PLE or Cquartz Finest. OC doesn't have the "best" look, but it is the most proven true permanent coating out there. There are guys out there with 5 years on their OC. It's hard to beat that when it comes to your paint. HB some have gotten less than 1 year out of. Either way though, good luck!
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I'm aware of the mixed reviews, but I have to say that this is the best my car has ever looked. If it doesn't last a year that's OK with me. Easy enough to apply another coat.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbigcog View Post
    I'm aware of the mixed reviews, but I have to say that this is the best my car has ever looked. If it doesn't last a year that's OK with me. Easy enough to apply another coat.
    By all means. The opti-coat does not look the absolute best out of some of the other super sealants, it's just the most tested thus far. Are you using the Wolf's car shampoo for it as well?

I like trying different waxes and sealants over the top of OC on my WRX....to me that's half the fun of detailing. Right now I really like Wolfgang Depp Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Gives such a deep shine and by far the slickest wax / sealant I have ever felt or used.

I also have a few different dodo juice samples on order right now. I just like trying different looks,so for me the way OC looks is of no concern. What is really important is the protection and the beading/sheeting of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlax2485 View Post
    I like trying different waxes and sealants over the top of OC on my WRX....to me that's half the fun of detailing. Right now I really like Wolfgang Depp Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Gives such a deep shine and by far the slickest wax / sealant I have ever felt or used.

I also have a few different dodo juice samples on order right now. I just like trying different looks,so for me the way OC looks is of no concern. What is really important is the protection and the beading/sheeting of water.
    Have you tried Menzerna powerlock? It's the slickest finish I have felt... it's amazing watching the water run up the hood when i'm driving my Wife's honda accord. It just flows right up. Very cool. However, Wolfgang is actually made by menzerna from what i've read, so it might basically be the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.