Advice on best ways to go about detailing exterior. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Advice on best ways to go about detailing exterior. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by subiechick10 He has a 2012 Limited WRX. It is in his signature wow totally missed it, I ...

Quote Originally Posted by subiechick10 View Post
    He has a 2012 Limited WRX. It is in his signature

wow totally missed it, I always look to the left for signatures, his is centered threw me off lol, what's the ODO at?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ah got it, hope I don't have to buff it when I take the badges off then, car is only 2 months old

Quote Originally Posted by fatalerrorx2 View Post
    wow totally missed it, I always look to the left for signatures, his is centered threw me off lol, what's the ODO at?
    I'm currently at like 6,400. 6k miles in a year isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalerrorx2 View Post
    Ah got it, hope I don't have to buff it when I take the badges off then, car is only 2 months old
    I've got lucky and they always came right off. Just make sure you heat them up and get them nice and gooey.

I will be looking into a buffer though, my car has a ton of swirls if you look for them. I'm ocd when it comes to my car.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I pay someone to do mine since I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I would do this, but I'm cheap and I can do a better job haha.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    I would do this, but I'm cheap and I can do a better job haha.
    You can do a better job but I can't.

You can do a better job but I can't.
    Patience is key, and practice. Pop on some music and go to town. Thats all I do.
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Patience is key, and practice. Pop on some music and go to town. Thats all I do.
    Nope. Don't have patience. I'm like **** this I'm out lol (not joking) I think also because my WRX is 6 years old I don't give a **** anymore. Rock Chips/Nicks/Paint messed up/ect

Nope. Don't have patience. I'm like **** this I'm out lol (not joking) I think also because my WRX is 6 years old I don't give a **** anymore. Rock Chips/Nicks/Paint messed up/ect
    I can't wait till I get to that stage! Thats where all my buddies are at and they all offroad and have so much fun with their cars, and I'm like, ahhhhhhhhhh, it'll get dirty lol
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I rather do it myself because I enjoy it and it saves me money.

My car has rock chips nicks etc I am trying to get everything cleaned up though. I want my car to last. I got it with 49k miles. Whoever had it. Didn't do a very good job of taking care of it. It has 69k now.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a pretty good thread. I'm with Jeff on this one though. My car is beyond repair at this point :-( . I will be happy when I can at least hand wash it. Come on Spring!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    This is a pretty good thread. I'm with Jeff on this one though. My car is beyond repair at this point :-( . I will be happy when I can at least hand wash it. Come on Spring!

No car is ever beyond the point of repair. Its a matter of if you want it to look nice again. Which takes time and money.

I Support ClubWRX
    No car is ever beyond the point of repair. Its a matter of if you want it to look nice again. Which takes time and money.
    You are correct. In my case however it means a complete car re-spray lol. My cars previous never waxed it.....not once. He was the original owner...

Both sides of my car are littered with door dings and dupli-color fill ins. The hood looks like it was attacked by a Brillo pad. Also I recently backed into a wall a little and messed up my bumper (pics in my build thread). So yeah, for me it's beyond repair lol.

Anyway, I do like the idea of taking some time and at least trying some of the tips in this thread. It can't hurt right? :-)

P.s - Costco sells 36 packs of microfiber towels for like $18.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

You are correct. In my case however it means a complete car re-spray lol. My cars previous never waxed it.....not once. He was the original owner...

Both sides of my car are littered with door dings and dupli-color fill ins. The hood looks like it was attacked by a Brillo pad. Also I recently backed into a wall a little and messed up my bumper (pics in my build thread). So yeah, for me it's beyond repair lol.

Anyway, I do like the idea of taking some time and at least trying some of the tips in this thread. It can't hurt right? :-)

P.s - Costco sells 36 packs of microfiber towels for like $18.
    That's tough. That would be a lot of work and expensive. Do what you can.

I rather do it myself because I enjoy it and it saves me money.

My car has rock chips nicks etc I am trying to get everything cleaned up though. I want my car to last. I got it with 49k miles. Whoever had it. Didn't do a very good job of taking care of it. It has 69k now.
    I use to be like that when I first got my Subie in 2007. Wanted to wash it all the time myself.. Guess over time the "newness" gets old. :shrug:

I took mine to the car wash after work today Had them wash it for me lol

Yeah... time and money. I have both but rather not waste "my" time on it.

Especially since if the '14 WRX looks like the concept then I will be trading her in on one!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.