Advice on best ways to go about detailing exterior. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

This is a discussion on Advice on best ways to go about detailing exterior. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; see, now that scares me haha...

  1. #16
    Registered User scarmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    810
    see, now that scares me haha
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Ruh Roh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown PA
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    see, now that scares me haha
    thissss^^^
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

  4. #18
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    see, now that scares me haha
    Me too when I used it the first time Now it is super quick and easy...the prep takes the longest.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120908_083759.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	112952
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  5. #19
    Registered User scarmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    810
    Night and day difference?
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

  6. #20
    Registered User subiechick10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXRayF View Post
    I am not sure how crazy you want to get with this, but a few years back, I stepped up to a Porter Cable random orbital polisher and selected various pads, polishes, and sealants. I rarely use the Ultra Cut 105, but the 205 is a great mild polish. Blackfire Wet Diamond (BWD) provides unbelievably depth and it will last a good 6 months. I now follow up with an application of P21S Carnauba Wax over the BWD to provide an extra level of protection and shine. While the "over the counter" detailing products that are readily available can yield good results, I have found that they do not last that long.

    I used to do all my car detailing by hand. After using my PC with a higher level of products, the results are far more impressive. Plus, my arm doesn't feel like it wants to fall off by the end of the day!

    Attachment 112946
    This is exactly what I was looking for and want to do. Thank you!

  7. #21
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Night and day difference?
    It really is, especially on a car that has not been kept up very well.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  8. #22
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by subiechick10 View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for and want to do. Thank you!
    Anytime!!

    You should look at the packages offered at Detailers Domain (http://www.detailersdomain.com/Polis...its_c_209.html) or Autogeek (Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Action Polisher - dual action orbital car polisher, car care kits, buffer kits, PC 7424,7424XP, 7424 XP, porter cable). There is a lot of good information on both of those sites.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  9. #23
    Registered User subiechick10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXRayF View Post
    Anytime!!

    You should look at the packages offered at Detailers Domain (http://www.detailersdomain.com/Polis...its_c_209.html) or Autogeek (Porter Cable 7424 XP Dual Action Polisher - dual action orbital car polisher, car care kits, buffer kits, PC 7424,7424XP, 7424 XP, porter cable). There is a lot of good information on both of those sites.
    Is there a certain kit you would recommend. I need everything.

  10. #24
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by subiechick10 View Post
    Is there a certain kit you would recommend. I need everything.
    Here is a similar kit to the one I bought DI Packages PC 7424XP with M105, M205 and 5.5" pads | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image. I added the Blackfire sealant, some high quality microfiber towels, and some washing supplies. This would be a real good starting point, but there are many options out there. I would probably try this one DI Packages Porter Cable 7424XP, Menzerna Polishes and Hydro Pads Starter Kit | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image if I were to order a kit today, as I have read great things about Menzerna polishes but have yet to try them. I am sticking with the Blackfire Wet Diamond for a final product, as I haven't found anything I like better that goes on and off so easy and lasts as long.

    The best tip I can give you is to read everything here - Auto Detailing Guide - Detailed Image. I also watched a ton of videos to get the technique down of using a random orbital polisher. I experimented on my old 4Runner before attempting my previous WRX. It really doesn't take long to get the hang of it, just a little nerve racking when you first start!
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  11. #25
    Registered User subiechick10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXRayF View Post
    Here is a similar kit to the one I bought DI Packages PC 7424XP with M105, M205 and 5.5" pads | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image. I added the Blackfire sealant, some high quality microfiber towels, and some washing supplies. This would be a real good starting point, but there are many options out there. I would probably try this one DI Packages Porter Cable 7424XP, Menzerna Polishes and Hydro Pads Starter Kit | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image if I were to order a kit today, as I have read great things about Menzerna polishes but have yet to try them. I am sticking with the Blackfire Wet Diamond for a final product, as I haven't found anything I like better that goes on and off so easy and lasts as long.

    The best tip I can give you is to read everything here - Auto Detailing Guide - Detailed Image. I also watched a ton of videos to get the technique down of using a random orbital polisher. I experimented on my old 4Runner before attempting my previous WRX. It really doesn't take long to get the hang of it, just a little nerve racking when you first start!
    Very helpful! Thanks a bunch =)

  12. #26
    Registered User scarmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    810
    Just went out and debadged my trunk and was inspecting the car. I need a buffer, bad

    Black is terrible.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

  13. #27
    Registered User subiechick10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Just went out and debadged my trunk and was inspecting the car. I need a buffer, bad

    Black is terrible.
    Yeah dark colors are a lot of work to stay nice

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Just went out and debadged my trunk and was inspecting the car. I need a buffer, bad

    Black is terrible.
    What year is your car, and how many miles did you put on before debadging? I plan on debadging soon, just got my car 2 months ago (black) and put 2500miles so far, don't want to wait too long before deciding to take the badges off though. Putting clear bra on tomorrow

  15. #29
    Registered User subiechick10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalerrorx2 View Post
    What year is your car, and how many miles did you put on before debadging? I plan on debadging soon, just got my car 2 months ago (black) and put 2500miles so far, don't want to wait too long before deciding to take the badges off though. Putting clear bra on tomorrow
    He has a 2012 Limited WRX. It is in his signature


  16. #30
    Registered User scarmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalerrorx2 View Post
    What year is your car, and how many miles did you put on before debadging? I plan on debadging soon, just got my car 2 months ago (black) and put 2500miles so far, don't want to wait too long before deciding to take the badges off though. Putting clear bra on tomorrow
    As subie answered, I have a 2012. And I debadged within 2 days of having it home haha. I've had the car for almost a year (come may), I currently have 6k miles on it.

    2 weeks ago I did a trunk swap for a sti trunk. And I debadged that tonight.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •