OMG....Did that just happen?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on OMG....Did that just happen?? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; SKI.WRX for the cracks i would pull the interior. It inst too difficult and there are How-to's out there. I ...

SKI.WRX
    for the cracks i would pull the interior. It inst too difficult and there are How-to's out there. I just removed my center console to install shifter pivot bushings and it was super easy to clean out all the little cracks and switch blanks with the pieces out of the car. And I got to clean out almost 11 years of dirt and dust from beneath them haha.
    Yeah, after a little research, it seems dismantle isnt too bad. She tried to get it "cupped" in her hands when she lean towards the window, so it got that corner with the vent pretty good. Looks like that end cap and the vent piece look pretty easy to take off. Just need to wait until its a little warmer to get that done.

AmateurX
    My wife says to keep baking soda on the carpet areas for several hours to soak up the smell. Repeat as necessary.

Dude, that sucks. Just think though, you'll laugh at it in a couple years.
    Thanks for this. I shampooed it again today. Seems to be getting better, but i will do this tonight. Should i vacuum each morning and reapply??

Exactly. In a couple of years when it still smells.
    Lets hope not

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    First off.
    Hahahhahahahaha, sorry to laugh.

Secondly.
    That sucks, agreed on taking the bodywork apart to get into the cracks and crevasses. I would try a steam cleaner with anti pee/pet chemicals. My house unit has a handle for stairs auto use. Never heard about baking soda but it is used for deodorizing fridges....

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah baking soda is used to soak up smells. I use it regularly in the fridge & the microwave. Never in the car or on fabric though. Test a small portion first.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

OMG....Did that just happen??

Sorry to say but nothing will change between 201, 601,801, or 1001 miles. Lol Just change the oil before you decide to drive it like its meant to be driven. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iajeep76 View Post
    Yeah, after a little research, it seems dismantle isnt too bad. She tried to get it "cupped" in her hands when she lean towards the window, so it got that corner with the vent pretty good. Looks like that end cap and the vent piece look pretty easy to take off. Just need to wait until its a little warmer to get that done.

Thanks for this. I shampooed it again today. Seems to be getting better, but i will do this tonight. Should i vacuum each morning and reapply??

Lets hope not
    Be careful how much you shampoo the carpets, subaru carpet is cheap and to much shampooing can cause the carpet to start to degrade quickly.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a new wife
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Get a new wife

Yep, my Wife bartends and doesn't drink a drop... the stuff is worthless IMO. I don't drink either.

Re: OMG....Did that just happen??

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Yeah baking soda is used to soak up smells. I use it regularly in the fridge & the microwave. Never in the car or on fabric though. Test a small portion first.
    We use it frequently on the basement carpet for "animal smells". We've not seen any degradation over the years... I hope the stomach acid didn't melt the plastic fibers. That would suck.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

We use it frequently on the basement carpet for "animal smells". We've not seen any degradation over the years... I hope the stomach acid didn't melt the plastic fibers. That would suck.
    Thanks. I didnt try this yet because after a couple shampooins, it seems to be better. Ive asked a couple collegues to get in and be honest. Both said it smelled like shampoo. So hopefully iv done a pretty good job. On the notation of the stomach acid, i too have thought of that. I have soap and water everything i could and Meguiars'd it. Hopefully it will survive
    2013 DGM WRX Sedan

The best advice is if you want to treat your 25k WRX like a 100K GT-R... don't take it out to where you're going to wind up with drunk people in your car... Wife, kid, mother, NO ONE drinks, smokes, etc in my car. If you've been drinking, you'll have to walk.

Trust me, I love my car too and i've always been picky about all of the cars i've owned. It's just one of those things that people will just have to think you're an a**hole about.

Damn that sux man, I feel for you tho, I'd rather have damage on the outside than that, my old car someone threw up in it and I swear it took at least a year to fade away

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If so, then he should be good by now considering it happened over two years ago.

Ok??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.