Any 5 door owners use auto touch car wash? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any 5 door owners use auto touch car wash? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; winter time is winter mode for me. drive it dirty. my car's exterior is disgusting right now. if anything ill ...

winter time is winter mode for me. drive it dirty. my car's exterior is disgusting right now. if anything ill take it to the car wash and use a power washer on it but not squeeze the handle since my paint is already chipping in some spots and dont want to rip it off.. gets most of the salt off. if i cared more id take the time to hand wash it and just not be able to feel my hands for a few minutes..but the car wash does fine in the winter for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my brothers work at a carwash and i get free washes every week so im down with that. they arent that bad for your car, people just exagerate too much. although i can understand if its like, a crappy car wash that isnt well maintained. but the one my brothers work at is the best car wash in town called mister hot shine. havent had any trouble thus far, always comes out looking super clean until i drive away and the wind blows all the water out of the cracks and it looks crappy, but thats why i always drive it home fast to get all the water out and then wax it in the garage

Wash your car every week in the garage during the winter with a rinse-less car wash solution. If it is really dirty, take it to a coin-operated wash bay and use the pressure wand to rinse it off first, then take it home and do the rinse-less wash.

I would recommend Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. Stuff is worth it's weight in gold.

You can always tell who runs their car through the auto wash- the light hits their paint and you can see all of the marring and spider webs (swirl marks) in it. The average person doesnt care about these micro-scratches, but over time it will get so bad it will be extremely noticeable. If you want to keep your car's paint nice, you should stay away from auto washes.
    Last edited by Jlax2485; 04-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.