Exterior spot cleaning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Exterior spot cleaning within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I walked out to my car this mornin to find that my neighbors cat decided that my hood was ...

Exterior spot cleaning

So I walked out to my car this mornin to find that my neighbors cat decided that my hood was the best place to sleep last night. The cat left muddy/dirt paw prints all over the hood that I want to get rid of. I would rather not have to wash the entire car as its 12 degrees out. What's the best way to get rid of the spots without scratching the paint?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, if it's 12 degrees out, snowing on it and then melting will eventually get rid of it. Otherwise you could get a gallon jug, fill it up with whatever car wash you use, pour a little on at a time so when you pour it again it unfreezes and then fill up the same jug and rinse it. Of course, you could just got for a ride or let the car warm up and the hood likely isn't going to freeze from the engine and turbo heat. All sorts of ways you could do it, someone else may have a better idea. I'm in Md and it was 65 degrees today... pretty nice jump from everyday in the 30's I think.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

That's a good idea, plus it gives me a excuse to drive around more on Saturday

I would suggest a self car wash place, but with mud and such, you really don't want to blast pressure on it, as it can cause paint marring with the dirt getting blasted across the already thin and crappy subaru paint.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.