interior scratch removal!

This is a discussion on interior scratch removal! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need help... was vacuuming the car and dummy me went to vacuum some dust off the dash and let ...

interior scratch removal!

I need help... was vacuuming the car and dummy me went to vacuum some dust off the dash and let a hairline scratch on the plastic above the glove box.

What's the best way to remove that? I'll add a picture when I get home. Its not bad very thin and about 2 inches but its got 370 miles on it so its huge to me lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you would be better to just leave it alone. Maybe some plastic polish might help take it out, but it will likely made that area of your dash very shiny next to the rest of it. I know that it's hard to leave it alone, but sometimes things only get worse the more you mess with them.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

why vaccuum dust off a dash? try a duster next time. it's probably going to be something you'll just have to learn to deal with. or you can always buy a new dash

all of the above =[. i would just leave it, as painful as that may be.

purchase a california dash duster--truly one of the best gifts i ever got as a teenager and it's still working like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wie View Post
    all of the above =[. i would just leave it, as painful as that may be.

purchase a california dash duster--truly one of the best gifts i ever got as a teenager and it's still working like a charm
    Those Cali dash dusters rock. I've had one since I was 18 and it's the best interior cleaning tool I've ever had.

I don't know of anything you can do to resurface the vinyl on the dash. Put a bandaid over it?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Those Cali dash dusters rock. I've had one since I was 18 and it's the best interior cleaning tool I've ever had.

I don't know of anything you can do to resurface the vinyl on the dash. Put a bandaid over it?
    Purchased the California duster and it is amazing.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    You might want to consider using a belt sander on it. Start by the scratch - in a circular motion, then expand outward until you have sanded the entire surface area of the dashboard. Once complete, carefully apply sequins to the entire surface - color and patters are up to you of course, but you might want to consider the Subaru stars or a My Little Pony theme. Next, apply several coats of high luster clear gloss. By the time you are done, no one will notice the scratch anymore.

It just a thought.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I was debating the my little pony pattern but is it hard to do?????