is Zaino still good?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on is Zaino still good? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I used to use it up until I got my Hummer...Is it still as good as it once was? I ...

is Zaino still good?

I used to use it up until I got my Hummer...Is it still as good as it once was?
    I swear by that stuff!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Zaino is still a very big name. A lot of new sealants are excellent though. It really comes down to what you like. I recently used menzerna powerlock and it's very very slick and durable. Should be a solid 4 months of protection even in the weather... maybe more if it's garaged. Again though, it's all about what YOU like.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I guess I like Zaino because it protected my 350Z back in 2003 from scratches when I hit a rusty square rough pole in a covered garage. Got a dent but no scratches! Just smudged my 11 coats of Zaino!

Quote Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
    I guess I like Zaino because it protected my 350Z back in 2003 from scratches when I hit a rusty square rough pole in a covered garage. Got a dent but no scratches! Just smudged my 11 coats of Zaino!
    There's a thread on the net somewhere that I had read where a guy actually put 51 coats of Zaino back to back on his car. He lived over in England IIRC and the car he bought I think was a single stage paint, so he wanted the extra protection. I don't think Opti-coat, Cquartz, hardbody or any of the supersealants had been out at that time because keep in mind that 1 layer of OC is the same thickness as appoximately 100 coats of wax and MUCH more scratch resistant. Hardbody appears to be extremely hard as it's name suggests, but Opti-coat overall still appears to be the most durable of all the others out there (this is based on some very high dollar detailers such as Phil from Detailers Domain who sells both products so he has a very unbiased opinion of them. Some people ultimately just like the look of a certain product though, so they just stick with what's worked for them in the past.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.