About to wash my car for the first time... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on About to wash my car for the first time... within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had Meguiars Shampoo and Conditioner in my cart but put it back for that other stuff I bought. Maybe ...

I had Meguiars Shampoo and Conditioner in my cart but put it back for that other stuff I bought. Maybe I will take back the soap and wax and get what youve recommended...

Is that liquid wax tough to use? I've never done waxing before and dont want to screw it up lol...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    ^ Directions for All Meguiars Products are on the back of the bottle, there is also a 1800 number to call if you need more help.

yea Ultimate Liquid Wax is easy to apply and won't stain trim , There is also a Paste version but imo the Liquid version is better since its easier to apply and wont stain the trim.

Here is a good thread on Wax application and removal - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...The-Swipe-Test

Before anyone says, yea I like Meguiars. All their OTC products are derived from the Professional products so imo they got some of best OTC stuff you can get. Mothers also does the same thing, their stuff is decent as well. Other brands I'd skip they are just full of marketing and crap most of the time.
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 11-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

All of the wash mitts out there are mostly about looks. They look like they are great, but aren't always quite what they seem. I talk to a lot of guys on autopia.org and many of them go with the proline grout sponge for the reason that it doesn't marr the paint as bad as some other types of wash mitts due to all of the little holes in the sponge that collect the dirt on the inside while keeping the outside clean.They are cheap and you can stock up on them at lowes. Some people actually take a razor and cut across the sponge several times both ways to create little squares that will catch even more dirt.

The other thing is that when you are using a car wash, the slicker the better. There are guys who swear by Griots car wash, it's expensive but the good thing is you have to use much less soap, so it equals out for the most part. The more expensive soaps are also PH neutral which means it won't strip your wax off like some other soaps tend to do over time.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    I used to use a wash mitt. After reading around ,like suggested above,I have also started using a grout sponge.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12