Clear coats?

This is a discussion on Clear coats? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A friend suggested to me since i wont be obviously driving that car while im deployed that while im away ...

Clear coats?

A friend suggested to me since i wont be obviously driving that car while im deployed that while im away i should let my friend take it to a place that does clear coating and just put layers on, im not really sure what that is. but im sure i can find out, my question is... does it affect any warranty on my car (2012 wrx)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A clearcoat is just a protective product for your paint, along the lines of waxing but a bit different. I can't imagine how it could impact any warranty claims.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nihte21 View Post
    A friend suggested to me since i wont be obviously driving that car while im deployed that while im away i should let my friend take it to a place that does clear coating and just put layers on, im not really sure what that is. but im sure i can find out, my question is... does it affect any warranty on my car (2012 wrx)?
    Opti-coat the car... just as good or better protection, and A LOT less cost. PM me if you need someone to do it, or since you are in NJ, contact Detailersdomain.com They are expensive, but do top top notch work.

Other options are Cquartz, Aquartz, Wolf's chemicals just released "hardbody" which is supposedly a very good product as well. from everything i've read OC is the most durable however.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune