staines on 2011 wrx rims
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on staines on 2011 wrx rims within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my 2011 wrx used with 26k, im assuming the previous owner did not wash the rims frequently enough ...

staines on 2011 wrx rims

I bought my 2011 wrx used with 26k, im assuming the previous owner did not wash the rims frequently enough because after my first wash i discovered these staines...anyone have any suggestions on how to get them out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4711.jpg   IMG_4710.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are you talking about those little finger looking things?

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you used any wheel cleaner at all first?? I know it's not the best but I have used Mothers spray on wheel cleaner and it worked pretty good.

what happens when you scrub them? Have you tried using a cleaner wax or VERY mild abrasive?

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Have you used any wheel cleaner at all first?? I know it's not the best but I have used Mothers spray on wheel cleaner and it worked pretty good.
    was that the foaming wheel cleaner? It does a pretty good job... not like a Brown Royal or other online product... but for OTC definitely cuts into the dirt pretty decently.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes the foaming one. It does do a good enough job for me. For being OTS it's not bad.

the only thing ive tried was a wheel cleaner made by 3M, saw it and figured id give it a shot. I rubbed pretty hard but that didnt work even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    the only thing ive tried was a wheel cleaner made by 3M, saw it and figured id give it a shot. I rubbed pretty hard but that didnt work even a little bit.
    I really would try the cleaner wax or mild abrasive. Look for meguiars 105 at autozone or a place like that if cleaner wax doesn't work.

thanks ill try that

it actually looks like someone tried to clean them before with something and it was left to long or something.

yeah im kind of worried that thats what it may be, its not too noticeable, but it still bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    yeah im kind of worried that thats what it may be, its not too noticeable, but it still bothers me
    I would just get a very light compound and/or cleaner wax and a little yellow pad and buff it out. It shouldn't take to long and will definitely give the wheel a little extra shine anyway... so it couldn't hurt.

Someone used a 3M scotch bright pad and tried to clean them taking some of the surface off. That stinks, Time for a custom POWDER COATING
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by dolson1120 View Post
    Someone used a 3M scotch bright pad and tried to clean them taking some of the surface off. That stinks, Time for a custom POWDER COATING
    I have to say... I love the color my wheels are and the way they go with the blue... I wouldn't powder coat... on another color I guess I could see how one might want to do it though.

You own a subaru WRX, get it dirty. Mostly kidding, looks like an oil residue that was left over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast