staines on 2011 wrx rims - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on staines on 2011 wrx rims within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Scooby_newbie and i thought i was the only one with stains JUST LIKE THESE! My wheels like ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_newbie View Post
    and i thought i was the only one with stains JUST LIKE THESE! My wheels like IDENTICAL. Bought mine used with 11k miles and the wheels look just like this. I have tried various wheel cleaners and i have even tried the three stage wax on these wheels, but nothing seems to work.
    what's a 3 step wax? You mean polish?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    what's a 3 step wax? You mean polish?
    I meant the maguires three stage system. Cleaner wax, Polish, wax. I have even tried a buffing pad on a drill using a wheel Polishv

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_newbie View Post
    I meant the maguires three stage system. Cleaner wax, Polish, wax. I have even tried a buffing pad on a drill using a wheel Polishv
    If it was going to come out, you would need more cut than the cleaner wax has to offer. You say a wheel polish? Like which one? If the wheels are not bare aluminum, then that will do you no good either. Go out and use a buffing wheel on a drill and ask for Meguiars mirror glaze 205... that is a lighter cut on their system (4 of 12 IIRC) or you could try the 105, but it doesn't sound like you have much experience with doing this sort of thing, so I would do this VERY cautiously otherwise you may wind up burning the paint. Easy to do with a drill (you might even try just using a towel and your finger with one of those first). Don't use wheel polishes and cleaner waxes though... in many cases, they just are not going to get the job done for you.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123