Detail of 1993 Mustang LX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Detail of 1993 Mustang LX within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Flex ftw. Only downside is heat, and that the small 3" pad isn't forced orbit....

Flex ftw. Only downside is heat, and that the small 3" pad isn't forced orbit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Flex ftw. Only downside is heat, and that the small 3" pad isn't forced orbit.
    Yeah, it's really been a great buffer for me. I used the PC when it first came out, before it was the XP and it was just way to weak, though it did work, but once I started doing this privately it wasn't enough.

Last few pics and some outside shots...

All of the major polishing is finished thank God and just a few things are left to do, so the car doesn't look it's complete best yet. The correction wasn't what I had hoped, but some of the scratches are just to deep to risk trying to remove, all in all.. it looks like a completely different car.

This is after 1 coat of Duragloss 105 applied with a black pad on my Flex polisher.

These are natural light shots which I like more because it's closer to how you would see it in person.

All the trim around the glass, mirrors, inside door handles, grille were hand polished. It's not near as good as the machine, but I could already see without touching it how thin the paint was on the sides of the trim and there was no way I was messing with that one.

I had applied 1 coat of the Duragloss at this point. I plan on doing a total of 3-4 coats. Though this has been debated for years. I do feel layering does make the appearance much better, though the protection itself may not be greatly enhanced.

Hope you all have enjoyed this one... time was about 35 hours give or take.

Next up, a 2006 CTS-V correcton and opti-coat this week or next

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12