Car Pressure Washer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car Pressure Washer within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What is the best cost effective pressure washer to clean one's car?...

Car Pressure Washer

What is the best cost effective pressure washer to clean one's car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by younoleit View Post
    The ones you have in Spray 'n' Go type DIY car washes...$3 in quarters whenever you wanna wash and you're good to go. Just bring your own brush/sponge and soap so you don't use their brush that will be filled with grime and **** in it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by younoleit View Post
    I don't have one myself... I wouldn't mind getting one but then I just ask myself... why? They are nice for some things, but the most cost effective way is to buy good washing products and after washng the car just a few times you'll save what you would in buying a pressure washer/or spending a bunch of money using one of those at the local car wash.

None. Use low pressure to wash your car. They're worse than useless in the winter with the issues they'll introduce too.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Car Pressure Washer

@ teflon_jones. I agree. I feel the pressure might damage the finish. As for the spotting, I hooked up a water filer for the sink to my outside hose. So the drying is a breeze, it's pretty sunny on a daily in so-cal and where I live there is no shade. So I can't afford spotting. Especially on black.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just use one the those adjustable garden sprayers. The "shower" setting is great for rinsing off the car, and the "Jet" setting is plenty powerful for cleaning wheels. I wouldn't bother with a pressure washer.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Car Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I just use one the those adjustable garden sprayers. The "shower" setting is great for rinsing off the car, and the "Jet" setting is plenty powerful for cleaning wheels. I wouldn't bother with a pressure washer.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    None. Use low pressure to wash your car. They're worse than useless in the winter with the issues they'll introduce too.
    What issues?

I've been using pressure washers for years. I have a 2 horsepower Honda at my parents house and have not once ever had a problem with it or the results. Damn best thing out there to get wheels clean.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

i just use a garden hose and scrubbb

Car Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What issues?

I've been using pressure washers for years. I have a 2 horsepower Honda at my parents house and have not once ever had a problem with it or the results. Damn best thing out there to get wheels clean.
    Pressure washers can do lots of unfortunate things to paints. There might be a small tab of paint at the edge of a road rash chip. Hit it just right with a pressure washer and you can remove a square FOOT of paint as the chip lifts and enables the water to float the whole section of paint off. And for similar reasons. But for wheels would be ok, but I wouldn't use it on my car itself. Just my opinion, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahar6311 View Post
    Pressure washers can do lots of unfortunate things to paints. There might be a small tab of paint at the edge of a road rash chip. Hit it just right with a pressure washer and you can remove a square FOOT of paint as the chip lifts and enables the water to float the whole section of paint off. And for similar reasons. But for wheels would be ok, but I wouldn't use it on my car itself. Just my opinion, to each his own.
    That same chip of paint can be pulled off and screwed up with a regular hose and it getting stuck going over it with a sponge. I see what you mean though...but I've never had a bad experience. Its not like I stand right up next to the car with the nozzle directly on it...

I have used the same pressure washer for 5 years or more - was $150 iirc. I've never had an issue with it, and it has a fully adjustable pressure nozzle, as well as 4 different nozzles for different spray patterns or pressures.

I understand why people don't like them, but in my opinion just don't be an idiot with it and use the high pressure from 12" away and it'll help you do a wonderful job. It gets the bugs off with minimal scrubbing, and I'd rather let water do some of the work than my hands. I never run it on the highest pressure (1800 psi I think is the highest it can go, i have it set at 800psi max I think), but it hasn't done anything to the paint of any one of the 5 cars I've owned since I've had it. I can stick my hand in the stream and it's harder than any hose coming from the house, but it's not skin cutting hard or anything.

If you have a house with vinyl siding, you need one of these anyway, so why not just get one and use it on the car? I pays for itself in one house cleaning.

Car Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I have used the same pressure washer for 5 years or more - was $150 iirc. I've never had an issue with it, and it has a fully adjustable pressure nozzle, as well as 4 different nozzles for different spray patterns or pressures.

I understand why people don't like them, but in my opinion just don't be an idiot with it and use the high pressure from 12" away and it'll help you do a wonderful job. It gets the bugs off with minimal scrubbing, and I'd rather let water do some of the work than my hands. I never run it on the highest pressure (1800 psi I think is the highest it can go, i have it set at 800psi max I think), but it hasn't done anything to the paint of any one of the 5 cars I've owned since I've had it. I can stick my hand in the stream and it's harder than any hose coming from the house, but it's not skin cutting hard or anything.

If you have a house with vinyl siding, you need one of these anyway, so why not just get one and use it on the car? I pays for itself in one house cleaning.
    You are completely right sir.

As long as they are used correctly it has its advantages. Good price for that many option can't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post

That's what I'm talking about. As with 99% else that fails when used incorrectly...just use common sense when washing a car with one.

It's funny putting on one of the super high pressure nozzles though...I've cut through concrete and asphalt with that while just playing around!

Car Pressure Washer

Lmao!!! I want one now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast