OT: Ferrari FF detail - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on OT: Ferrari FF detail within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Really frustrating - I've always been able to work stuff out of clear bras. Owner decided it's not worth the ...

Really frustrating - I've always been able to work stuff out of clear bras. Owner decided it's not worth the trouble and we'll be replacing the bra in a few weeks. Time to get it perfect BEFORE the new bra is put on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Really frustrating - I've always been able to work stuff out of clear bras. Owner decided it's not worth the trouble and we'll be replacing the bra in a few weeks. Time to get it perfect BEFORE the new bra is put on.
    I'm not a big fan of those clear bras much... they leave behind some color issues with the paint when they have been on a long time. I'd rather use opti-coat after some serious jeweling of the paint, but the clear bra is thick and easier to work with no doubt on that.

Its a protection issue here - no salt on the roads during the winter is good for avoiding rust, but the cinders put on the roads wreak havoc on windshields and front ends. Opticoat is great for protection from the elements, but rock chips... not so much

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Its a protection issue here - no salt on the roads during the winter is good for avoiding rust, but the cinders put on the roads wreak havoc on windshields and front ends. Opticoat is great for protection from the elements, but rock chips... not so much
    No, not against direct hits I agree. Although (knock on wood) ... thus far I have no chips or sand blasting in now over 5k miles... which for this cheap paint is saying something lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12