2012 Golf-R detail and opti-coat - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 Golf-R detail and opti-coat within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zax Me likey Golf R. But I remember the interior being really cheap from the Auto Show... ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Me likey Golf R.

But I remember the interior being really cheap from the Auto Show...
    The interor was not what this customer wanted done, but sitting in the car I can tell you that compared to our cars it's light years ahead and the GTI has won car of the year multiple times with the interior being a BIG selling point for most in which many claim it has the best interior of all cars 40-45k and down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    The interor was not what this customer wanted done, but sitting in the car I can tell you that compared to our cars it's light years ahead and the GTI has won car of the year multiple times with the interior being a BIG selling point for most in which many claim it has the best interior of all cars 40-45k and down.
    Haha, I was gonna say... maybe it wasn't a golf you looked at?

Detail looks great man. 28 hours? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post
    Haha, I was gonna say... maybe it wasn't a golf you looked at?

Detail looks great man. 28 hours? Damn.
    Thanks man... I really wish I could find our camera charger, but since our move I have not a clue... the flake is just something I would have loved to have gotten pics of.

Great work, nice corrections on some of those panels. A few suggestions.

Ditch the Adams wheel cleaner for Sonax - just trust me on this.
    Ditch the crappy brush for a Swissvax brush - it's pricier, but you'll burn through those little wood brushes as soon as the hair gets wet (use those for interior details.)

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Great work, nice corrections on some of those panels. A few suggestions.

Ditch the Adams wheel cleaner for Sonax - just trust me on this.
    Ditch the crappy brush for a Swissvax brush - it's pricier, but you'll burn through those little wood brushes as soon as the hair gets wet (use those for interior details.)
    I don't mind the APC for the wheels... sonax is much more pricey than the APC, for really hard to clean wheels I would use it... but these were new and just had a lot of brake dust on them, but not stuck on much.

The little wooden brush I used there was basically just because I haven't found my other ones. I had a pretty nice set which, along with many other things was lost during our move :-(

I don't mind the APC for the wheels... sonax is much more pricey than the APC, for really hard to clean wheels I would use it... but these were new and just had a lot of brake dust on them, but not stuck on much.

The little wooden brush I used there was basically just because I haven't found my other ones. I had a pretty nice set which, along with many other things was lost during our move :-(
    Don't get me wrong I love Adams APC (almost as much as P21S ) but once you start using Sonax, it's really hard to go back. If you're doing enough detailing, you need to talk to Phil at DetailersDomain about getting a discount...

Don't get me wrong I love Adams APC (almost as much as P21S ) but once you start using Sonax, it's really hard to go back. If you're doing enough detailing, you need to talk to Phil at DetailersDomain about getting a discount...
    Yeah, Phil's a good guy and very good detailer. I've gotten quite a few things from him in the past. I have yet to try the P21S. How about the ... I don't recall the name of it... it's a wheel cleaner Brown something? I don't know, a lot of people seem to like it a lot.

Yeah, Phil's a good guy and very good detailer. I've gotten quite a few things from him in the past. I have yet to try the P21S. How about the ... I don't recall the name of it... it's a wheel cleaner Brown something? I don't know, a lot of people seem to like it a lot.
    Don't recognize the "brown" name, I've always enjoyed P21S APC for wheel wells/tires/doorjambs/engine bays and their Wheel cleaner for, you guessed it, wheels. Sonax is my new favorite, followed by Adams Wheel and Tire (their APC is good too).

Don't recognize the "brown" name, I've always enjoyed P21S APC for wheel wells/tires/doorjambs/engine bays and their Wheel cleaner for, you guessed it, wheels. Sonax is my new favorite, followed by Adams Wheel and Tire (their APC is good too).
    Yeah I like it and trust me... i'm no real big fan of adam's. When I had my 370z and was on their forums... I had a few arguments with them about their shipping prices... they wanted like 11 or 12.00 for one drying towel... they also had another guy on there that acted like a detailing expert. I called him out on a few things (and by no means do I consider myself and expert) but later we got everything worked out, and then like 2 weeks later they kicked me off of that part of the site basically because I had posted a detail I had done of my wife's MS3 in which NONE of them included adam's products... I guess it came out to good because they wouldn't let me back on that part of the site lol.

Great information. I was looking to have opticoat done to my car. Do you do this professionally, or can you refer anyone in the Washington DC suburbs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.