hood scoop plug?

This is a discussion on hood scoop plug? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so does anyone make a dense foam scoop plug that will stop water. it annoys me everytime I wash ...

Banned

hood scoop plug?

Ok so does anyone make a dense foam scoop plug that will stop water. it annoys me everytime I wash the car a ton of water goes into the engine bay and water spots it to hell and back. like to keep it clean.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could always make your own. Or stuff a big towel in there, or wash your engine bay along with the rest of the car.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Thread cleaned up, including my BS responses. If you don't have anything constructive to say or suggest, take it to OT.

This is the Detailing forum, hence it is considered a technical forum. Either help him or shut up.

-TR

I agree, I was a bit childish. I apologize. My one suggestion was legitimate though: angle washing away from the scoop from the windshield side. Washing up from the front towards the scoop increases the amount of water that enters the scoop. Wash down and away, and you get less water. I've actually done that a lot with my father's power washer. Seems to work pretty well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Banned
    I was just trying to see if someone already made a product like this. some people dont care if their motor isnt clean or spot free but that is what i enjoy doing is detailing so i like to keep it perfect looking. air compressor works fine for heavy water but if the underhood is hot it will dry alot of the water fast leaving alot of water spots.

i have tried the non direct spray but it never seems to wash all the soap away

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobis View Post
    I was just trying to see if someone already made a product like this. some people dont care if their motor isnt clean or spot free but that is what i enjoy doing is detailing so i like to keep it perfect looking. air compressor works fine for heavy water but if the underhood is hot it will dry alot of the water fast leaving alot of water spots.
    I would think you have a possibility for a good product there. Tons of people use foam plugs for many purposes. Cowl plugs for airplanes, exhaust plugs for racecars and motorcycles. They keep out water, humidity, rodents, etc. during storage and cleaning.

I Support ClubWRX
    Another reason why you should try ONR.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    i do use ONR but i like to use a normal wash once in a while to get some dust and dirt out of areas cant reach with a sponge.