crack in paint-base coat

This is a discussion on crack in paint-base coat within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was washing and waxing my car today when I notice what apears to be a crack in the paint, ...

crack in paint-base coat

I was washing and waxing my car today when I notice what apears to be a crack in the paint, jusat the base coat, the clear coat is as smooth as can be and there are no marks that would suggest it being hit. Has anyone ever had a crack in their front bumber. I am running by the shop tomorrow, seems strange, car had 1100 miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    I was washing and waxing my car today when I notice what apears to be a crack in the paint, jusat the base coat, the clear coat is as smooth as can be and there are no marks that would suggest it being hit. Has anyone ever had a crack in their front bumber. I am running by the shop tomorrow, seems strange, car had 1100 miles on it.
    If the bumper was resprayed, most shops just use the body paint. It won't adhere nearly as well and can crack much more easily if the bumper is flexed at all. If it is OEM it is an error during application.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb