My new 2012 WRX prep and opti-coat - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on My new 2012 WRX prep and opti-coat within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by peekeesh ok just to bump this thread. Opticoat has held up great. The car is so much ...

Quote Originally Posted by peekeesh View Post
    ok just to bump this thread.

Opticoat has held up great. The car is so much easier to clean as water still beads till now. pretty impressed on how it performs. By the way, the wrx sits outside everyday in socal.
    Haha good to hear from you again!

My car looks fantastic still when it's clean also... But I just can't stay out of the dirt!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good to hear from you all. I actually have gone over the roof, hood and the bumper with a super fine polish and then applied another layer of OC to those areas. It seems to shine maybe a LITTLE bit more I think.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I've had the Opti-Coat on now for like 2 months and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Next winter will be the ultimate test living in western PA. Especially on the exhaust since I did that too before installing it.
    Hey eric, any update on how the exhaust held up? how did you prep it before you applied it? and to what exhaust did you do it to?

Which Menzerna polishes did you use specifically? Any issues with the polish gumming up the paint?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456