Alright so here's what I plan to do - please call me on any of this if it's stupid!! (You're the detailer and I'm just Joe Schmoe!)
- wash the car with my Armor All car wash and new microfiber mitt
- dry the car with a microfiber drying cloth
- IPA according to your directions - everything that I plan to OptiCoat (probably just the paint and lights)
- once all of that dries, apply the OptiCoat to everything that I want to
- use a bright flashlight to make sure that I don't see any areas that need more coverage and apply as necessary
- it'll be tacky at first - let dry overnight
RE: #5 above - what exactly am I looking for? Spots that aren't foggy? Spots that ARE foggy? Spots that are still dry? Spots that have an uneven level to the areas around them?
RE: #7 above - how many hours REALLY? If I finish this around 10pm, when is safe to drive the car?
For ongoing maintenance, I'm probably only going to do #1 & #2 above for a few years and then hit it again with the OptiCoat.
Am I playing right?
Update: I placed the order for the OptiCoat last night. You convinced me. (And your video helped me to understand it a little bit)