Lightning Red...What Do You Like?

This is a discussion on Lightning Red...What Do You Like? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just waxed my new LR hatch today. Used Blackfire Wet Diamond. Looks great! Was wondering what other Lr owners like ...

Lightning Red...What Do You Like?

Just waxed my new LR hatch today. Used Blackfire Wet Diamond. Looks great!
    Was wondering what other Lr owners like for their cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm going to answer my own question here. After the Blackfire, I used HD Poxy. Easy on, easy off and a bit more gloss I thought.
    After reading about Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, I thought, why not give it a try?
    I'm not done yet, but after polishing out the defects on the hood, front fenders and bumper, I applied OC.
    I am amazed at the glossy look it gives. More than any other wax/sealant I have ever used.
    Benefits: after it cures, will never have to wax again. It is supposed to be harder than clearcoat once it sets up, so should help reduce marring and minor scratches. Time will tell, but for now I am very happy with Opti-Coat.

Pix? Personally red is my favorite color(secretly, I own 1 red shirt).
    PICS!

When it's done, I'll post pics. Polishing/refining the paint is taking longer than I thought.

I like the ease of werkstatts acrylic jet trigger and on white it looks great backfire is excellent as well. For a candy coated look I LOVE duragloss 105 3 coats or more just look great. Not a lot of slickness, but very durable.

AJT is great stuff. Makes flake really pop. Put this under it (or anything) for more gloss:

Wet Glaze 2.0