Wrx Detailing first time
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx Detailing first time within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys! so detailing questions!!!! i usually just do a soap wash, rinse, then meguiars wax.. Does anyone have any ...

Wrx Detailing first time

Hi guys! so detailing questions!!!! i usually just do a soap wash, rinse, then meguiars wax.. Does anyone have any suggestions for the wrx?

im thinking..
    1) Dawn Wash
    2) Rinse/ Dry
    3) Meguiar's Clay
    4) Wolfgang Paint Sealer?? Recommended but i cant find it anywhere!!
    5) Possibly Wax?- Meguiar's Gold Class Wax

Any suggestions? feedback is welcomed.

Thanks,
    Candice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm is it stupid to wax after already doing a sealer?

Welcome...

I usally wash twice with soap, dry, claybar, then I use Nufinish scilicone based paint sealant... I personally am not a fan of wax cause it seems to highlight imperfections in the paint... That and scilicone based products seem to protect better as well as last longer...

Craig...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suggest Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant as the final step. It last you long time.

A basic wash, claybar then #20 works very well for me.

Results from earlier this summer

Moving to Detailing Forum ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 09-16-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Wolfgang Paint Sealer is great. So is Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant. If you have a hard time finding them, go to a CarQuest and look for Duragloss 105. It's a polymer sealant that has some of the best longevity in the industry, is easier to apply than most, costs less and can be had at a popular parts store.
    Be careful with clay, though. You can mar the paint just as easily as clean it. A good car wash, followed by clay on areas prone to road debris (bumper, hood, near wheels) and then a sealant is a good routine.

You can layer Carnauba on top of a sealant. Great results. You get the durable protection of a sealant with the deeper gloss (especially on dark/metallic colors) of a Carnauba. The only thing is, a polymeric sealant doesn't bond well to Carnauba (nature does a good job making sure nothing bonds to it!). Good thing is, the Carnauba will typically be gone in a month or two, so you can toss another layer of sealant. I usually only apply wax just before a car meet/show, or something along those lines.

Wash
    Clay bar
    Sealant
    Glaze
    Wax

I use adams polishes products exclusively. Ill post pictures after I glaze and wax tomorrow, still waiting on the sealant's 24 hour cure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd suggest whatever Sasquatch suggests.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'd suggest whatever Sasquatch suggests.

IMO some people do too much polishing and waxing. Paint is thin and can take only so much abrasive. I'm down to one claybar / wax session a year and the 7+ year old WRX looks great for the most part.

Gentle frequent hand washing is key to keeping a car looking good. IMO. Every week or two weather permitting. I've got a nice OCD inspired system that works very well.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Definitely agree. I haven't touched mine with the clay or rotary yet. Probably will do a mold one step polish next spring to bring her out of winter doldrums.

Thumbs up

Here are some pics of my results.

2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]

The best way to wash your car is to watch the forecast and find a day it's going to rain. Go drive your car really fast. Rinse and repeat.

My 911 rarely gets washed, never mind my STI. I love how they look washed (especially the 911) but if I have the choice between driving the car or washing it, guess what I pick every time?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.