Anyone ever use or heard about the quality of Ziebart?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever use or heard about the quality of Ziebart? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my WRX, debating on selling it or keeping it still but regardless, I want to keep the ...

Anyone ever use or heard about the quality of Ziebart?

I just got my WRX, debating on selling it or keeping it still but regardless, I want to keep the car looking new every day. Heard about this product called Ziebart while looking at headlight and taillight film. They offer a clear paint protection film over practically the entire car and say no need to wax ever again. I will probably still wax but I want the paint and lights to never get dull and hazy after 5-6 years. If I keep the car I will probably hang on to it until the end of time and would like to keep her looking like new or at least look good to the next guy if I decide to upgrade to the STI

-Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Paisano; 07-14-2011 at 07:35 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a chain of stores named after a guy, not a single product. Go see it locally I guess:
    Ziebart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why don't you just get a clearbra?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Clear bra is only for the front and bumper area. This product from what I am being told covers most of the car. I like it more because it wont cause uneven fading like a bra. Also has a lifetime warranty. Supposedly it was designed for C-17 wing lit tips... I will have to check that out today at work.

How much does it cost to wrap the whole car?

Its normally 1500. They said there's a sale going on to make it 1199 and then for Subaru owners they give a $200 discount. Military they give 100 off haha. So it would be 800 and 850 to do the headlights and taillights. I already verified that I can use all the discounts and what not.

That doesn't quite add up.
    $1199 - 200 - 100 = $899 * 8% (average NY tax) = $970.92.

Is that for just the headlight and taillights? Or the entire car except the headlights and taillights?

Sorry, I don't understand.

I Support ClubWRX
    okay this is a misconception.Just because its called a bra it's not just for the front!
    You can get your entire car wrapped in clear bra material if you want to .Price depends on the installer.I covered my front bumper,hood,mirrors,A-pillar,rockers & door cups for $900.

Those prices for the headlight & tail light seem too expensive.This is how much they cost at Lamin-X ,Front Subaru Impreza, WRX, STI, Outback Sport (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) Headlight Covers,rear Subaru Impreza, WRX, STI Wagon, Outback Sport (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) Tail Light Covers

Make sure you see an example of their work before giving them your car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    That doesn't quite add up.
    $1199 - 200 - 100 = $899 * 8% (average NY tax) = $970.92.

Is that for just the headlight and taillights? Or the entire car except the headlights and taillights?

Sorry, I don't understand.
    Its 800 for the entire car and another 50 dollars for them to do the taillights, the headlights are included in the 800, I didn't realize I did my math wrong either lol. They told me 800 would be fine for the entire package though (850 for taillights). I also did not calculate tax. So most likely it would be around 970 with tax.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    okay this is a misconception.Just because its called a bra it's not just for the front!
    You can get your entire car wrapped in clear bra material if you want to .Price depends on the installer.I covered my front bumper,hood,mirrors,A-pillar,rockers & door cups for $900.

Those prices for the headlight & tail light seem too expensive.This is how much they cost at Lamin-X ,Front Subaru Impreza, WRX, STI, Outback Sport (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) Headlight Covers,rear Subaru Impreza, WRX, STI Wagon, Outback Sport (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) Tail Light Covers

Make sure you see an example of their work before giving them your car.

I will definitely make sure I see an example and check out the other vendors, the price you paid is exactly the same I will pay for all the items you listed as well as the fenders, rear bumper and the roof. Everything that is in the sun 100% of the time I want to be protected and anything in front of the car that will take a beating. Even though she will sit in the garage most of the time. The price of 850 is for the product and installation is not too bad. Thanks for the info though!