Portable power washer for use when you live in a apartment.

This is a discussion on Portable power washer for use when you live in a apartment. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Living in a apartment I dont have the luxurys of a garage, outside power outlets, or even a damn hose...There ...

Portable power washer for use when you live in a apartment.

Living in a apartment I dont have the luxurys of a garage, outside power outlets, or even a damn hose...There is a "do it yourself" car wash near me but they are anal about people bringing their own crap and bucket washing. So I was looking into a portable power washer and found this:

Dirt Devil MCOR35 Nomad2Go Portable Power Cleaner - 18 Volt

Any ideas if it would be worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're going to have trouble washing your car with only 3.5gallons of water, and $140 can buy you a lot of car wash tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    You're going to have trouble washing your car with only 3.5gallons of water, and $140 can buy you a lot of car wash tokens.
    Yeah I was worried about the capacity of that thing....also the output on what amounts to a power drill battery. Any other thoughts feel free to chime in :-)

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd be concerned about battery longevity and if you decide to do this I would buy at least two batteries. I have a similar battery on a leaf blower of the same brand and it is not brilliant, it's barely adequate.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Here's a random link I found on how much water it takes to wash a car. Another link said it was 80+ gallons at home.

Carwash
    CAR WASH OPTIONS AND WATER CONSUMPTION
    • Washing your car at home: at least 50 gallons
    I don't think this power washer is a good choice for washing cars. It appears to be much better suited for small jobs like what the reviewer on Amazon is using it for.
    The Nomad portable washer is a very solidly made product. The seals and all the parts included are made from a very solid build quality and the parts fit together very well. The washer is very functional and can be used in so many different ways. I bought this to primarily wash my mountain bikes after a long ride. It fits right in my car and I can wash my bikes before packing them into my car keeping both my car and bikes clean.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 06-15-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: paste error ;p

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a smart use for it actually.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I live in a condominium.Although I have a garage there is a policy against washing cars.For the 6 months that I have had the WRX I have not taken it to the car wash even once,although I do use the power washer at my Dad's to wash the underside & once the engine bay.

I use only ONR Amazon.com: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine, 128 oz.: Automotivewith the double bucket grit guard method.Of course I am discreet & to avoid complaints I do the cleaning in the garage.All it takes is 4 gallons of water.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks rage ill have to check that out. I think I am going to pass on that power washer I have my doubts about it. I'm going to case the do-it-yourself car wash and try to get away with bringing my own crap when the attendant isnt there...

I Support ClubWRX
    Carwash ftw. Self service or else.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Coleman 1600 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Canadian Tire

check out the video in the corner of the picture.

I think it solves the power issue and it also has 5 gallons instead of the 3.5 gallons of the dirt devil.

I just moved to Edmonton and live in a condo so this looks like the perfect solution.

just used it today. 5 gallons is just barely enough for a soak, handwash and rinse. Not much more and you can't get greedy and spray out the wheel wells or else you end up having to fetch more H20. But still not bad. good pressure from the coleman 1600PSI.