Overspray
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Overspray within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone! Strong first post =) I have a 2011 WRX that I bought about 4 months ago that got ...

Overspray

Hi everyone! Strong first post =)

I have a 2011 WRX that I bought about 4 months ago that got littered with some sort of overspray of a roofing material today at work. I decided clay barring the car will do the best job of removing the overspray but I am concerned with whether or not I should wash the car before I clay bar. I guess my real concern is if the overspray will cause scratching when I dry the car before I clay bar. Any advice is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get the clay bar of choice and follow the directions to the letter you'll be fine... but rule of thumb is ALWAYS wash before any sort of polishing/deep cleaning.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    but rule of thumb is ALWAYS wash before any sort of polishing/deep cleaning.
    I couldn't agree more.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Clay bar works good on A LOT of different things. A buddy of mine had grey rattle can overspray on his passenger side of his red truck and I got it all off with clay bar.

If this is a gooey substance like tar I think you should remove that before buffing. Varsol and a rag works well for that.

GooGONE works good also on gooey or sticky substances and will not hurt your paint.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.