Cleaning All Weather Floor Mats

This is a discussion on Cleaning All Weather Floor Mats within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I recently purchased the all weather floor mats from Subaru and they've become pretty dirty. I was wondering if ...

Cleaning All Weather Floor Mats

Hi, I recently purchased the all weather floor mats from Subaru and they've become pretty dirty. I was wondering if anyone could give me an effective way to clean them. They are rubber so I was wondering if a degrease product (Simple Green) would make them fade after a while.
    -Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I threw them down on the driveway and used my pressure washer, but I'm sure you could just use a high pressure nozzle on a hose and maybe a big scrub brush with MILD detergant.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I usually just spray them down with the hose and give them a light spraying with an all purpose cleaner and scrub them with a brush and spray them off.

That has worked fine for me for years.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Pretty much the same for me, I just hosed the bigger stuff off (pine needles mainly). Then took some dish soap and a brush to them to get the actual dirt off. Brand new done.
    2011 WRX DGM Sedan

Easy. Go to one of those self service car wash places. Most of them have these super heavy duty clips on the walls to hold your floor mats. Use the high pressure soap and then rinse and they'll be spotless.

what they said. i have the same mats for my bug eye. they are low maintenance and easy to clean.

I just wash them with the leftover soap from washing the car and scrub them with the wheel brush

Easy and cost effective way is to remove the floor mats out of the vehicle and place them on a hard, flat surface...Rinse off the rubber mats using the hose. Using a high pressure on the hose, will help to remove dried-on mud or dirt easily..

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys I'll have to give it a try.

Using floor mats in new car is always demand some special care especially in rainy season. Moslty we clean our floor mats at home by using some surf or soap with little hot water.

lol, not hard... get some simple green... dilute according to how dirty they are, scrub, let soak for a bit... rinse... hang or blow dry... done.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune