Nano-Diamond Shield Spray
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nano-Diamond Shield Spray within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I was at my local Pep-Boys in the detailing area, and saw a Spray call Nano-Diamond Shield. I was ...

Nano-Diamond Shield Spray

So I was at my local Pep-Boys in the detailing area, and saw a Spray call Nano-Diamond Shield. I was wondering if anyone had used it or knew of anyone who used it. $29.99 seems a lot to spend just to see if it works as promised. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcruzader View Post
    So I was at my local Pep-Boys in the detailing area, and saw a Spray call Nano-Diamond Shield. I was wondering if anyone had used it or knew of anyone who used it. $29.99 seems a lot to spend just to see if it works as promised. Thanks ahead of time.
    I am new to the forums, and had the same question as you did when I went to my local Pep Boys lol kinda funny. I have used the product and so far I have absolutely no complaints. I will tell you the beading is insane!! So far I give it a great review, and glad that I am now a member with all the other wrx owners =)

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    I wish someone with some serious knowledge could school us about this product before I use it... please!

Make sure you wear breathing protection if you spray it on. Nasty to get stuff like that in your lungs.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REXRoyalBlu View Post
    I wish someone with some serious knowledge could school us about this product before I use it... please!
    I know its 100% Nano Glass Particles. Once it hits the surface of the vehicle its creates a cross linking molecular bond. It basically creates a glass shield over the vehicle once the nano glass particles come together. I waxed my car on top of it and literally have no swirl marks and its incredible. SO far it has been 6 days and its freakin saweeet!! Man talk about the hydrophobic, its sickness. So far still getting incredible beads. When I was driving in the rain the other day when we had a big storm, the beads were literally flying off my windshield.

As far as the mask goes, I decided to wear it.. because I know being glass molecules I wouldnt want to breathe them in, but I believe like spray paint u wouldnt want to breathe that in either. I am going to test the rim spray off here in a couple more weeks, allowing my brake dust to build up. Also, from my research 50,000 Nano particles arent even the width of a human hair folicle. So I believe Meguiars Nanowax and eagleone have roughly 300,000 particles..lol now that I think about it, thats nothing. Also, the spray wax is retarded because it has to be diluted in order to get through the nozzle. So it will last like maybe a week.

Crystal View's headlight restoration is badass as well since I used it on my dads Mercedes headlights and that shiznit works too! I honestly think this company is on to something. As far as the Nano Diamond Shield goes, I currently give it a A++++

I can prob dig up some more information on the product. Thats what I know so far, hope it helps!

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexfiend View Post
    I know its 100% Nano Glass Particles. Once it hits the surface of the vehicle its creates a cross linking molecular bond. It basically creates a glass shield over the vehicle once the nano glass particles come together. I waxed my car on top of it and literally have no swirl marks and its incredible. SO far it has been 6 days and its freakin saweeet!! Man talk about the hydrophobic, its sickness. So far still getting incredible beads. When I was driving in the rain the other day when we had a big storm, the beads were literally flying off my windshield.

As far as the mask goes, I decided to wear it.. because I know being glass molecules I wouldnt want to breathe them in, but I believe like spray paint u wouldnt want to breathe that in either. I am going to test the rim spray off here in a couple more weeks, allowing my brake dust to build up. Also, from my research 50,000 Nano particles arent even the width of a human hair folicle. So I believe Meguiars Nanowax and eagleone have roughly 300,000 particles..lol now that I think about it, thats nothing. Also, the spray wax is retarded because it has to be diluted in order to get through the nozzle. So it will last like maybe a week.

Crystal View's headlight restoration is badass as well since I used it on my dads Mercedes headlights and that shiznit works too! I honestly think this company is on to something. As far as the Nano Diamond Shield goes, I currently give it a A++++

I can prob dig up some more information on the product. Thats what I know so far, hope it helps!
    Nicee. Thanks for the input!.. I am going to use it in a few days.. how was using the product. What typeof cloth did you use to remove the excess

What excess?? lol..literally just spray on and wipe off. I found out also that it bonds instantly to the surface so really there is no excess. Just use a microfier cloth after you apply it and your good to go. Its just like a dampness but comes of super easy. The use was mega easy. Also if you use the product, you will get a shine for a year too. I figured I would use the microfiber because the terry clothes have that damn lint in it that get stuck to the vehicle even if u were to use it with wax...i ALWAYS use microfiber regardless.

In the directions it says do a panel at a time...so spray the fender and wipe it off instantly. Do half the hood wipe it off instantly, etc. Do sections and I honestly got my whole car done in roughly 15 minutes lol..Better than 20 minutes!! Definatley go buy it man!! You can also spray it on the plastic trim too man. It wont discolor anything..seriously lol this stuff is sooooo badassss!! I think this wil lliterally replace all the wax products out there. I just like the thought of having beads build up on my car for a year and not having to wax, but I do wax anyway for my super shine =) I def recommend using it. I also know it wont get rid of any previous swirl marks or restore any paint, so buff out the swirl marks first if you got any and use a retoration kit if ur paint started to fade.. I honestly am digging this stuff hardcore!!

Their website claim it lasts a year... I'm skeptical, but I usually am about unfamiliar things. I'm very interested to see how it holds up over time, and since I couldn't find very many reviews on this product, I'm assuming it is somewhat new???

I'm a Klasse man myself, so trading in some elbow grease for a can seems appealing. Almost too good to be true...
    Also, any thoughts on how it looks compared to traditional wax?
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

There are alot of these nano type products out right now. Most seem to work, I use the turtle wax ICE. It works really well too, not sure how long it lasts cause I use the spray wax every other wash. 15 min to wax the car is nothing. I like the fact most these products let you use them on all surfaces; glass, plastic and paint. No more masking black to keep the wax off!
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Damn. Talk about technical
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

All the word Nano means is microscopic. But when you see Nano wax, its just a wax still. This is glass particles. So far I love the product, car looks shiny still. What it does is actually hardens your paint to a 4-H as well. I waxed over it and not a single swirl mark...(tested my doors) and nice and flush..im ecstatic to finally have found a product so far that still works. I applied it to my vehicle on the 18th of march. So I am a month in..so far all is well, and I did the rim brake dust test. Seriously this product is no joke. The looks to traditional wax, are pretty identical..the one main thing I like is that it doubles the hardness of our paint as well as the gloss and shine. I am still getting mega beading on my windows.

All the word Nano means is microscopic. But when you see Nano wax, its just a wax still. This is glass particles. So far I love the product, car looks shiny still. What it does is actually hardens your paint to a 4-H as well. I waxed over it and not a single swirl mark...(tested my doors) and nice and flush..im ecstatic to finally have found a product so far that still works. I applied it to my vehicle on the 18th of march. So I am a month in..so far all is well, and I did the rim brake dust test. Seriously this product is no joke. The looks to traditional wax, are pretty identical..the one main thing I like is that it doubles the hardness of our paint as well as the gloss and shine. I am still getting mega beading on my windows.
    Hard is not always good. Diamonds are hard, but they are also brittle. In 05, my LGT had hard paint and it started to spider even though it had at least 10 coats for wax. Paint needs a certain level of elasticity to absorb minor road impacts. My wife uses a nail polish drying agent on her nails suppose to harden the polish, but while my wife claims they are shinier, they chip easier, Just a thought.

I'm still continuing my research as the days go on..but from what I know most of the production vehicles from the late 80's, 90's, 00's..their hardness is at a level 2, unless they are an exotic like a lamborghini, ferrari, bentley etc. If I am not mistaken the hardness level of the exotic cars are at a level 8 or 12. I dont think nail polish would be a good example in this scenario lol. There is also nutrition levels that need to come into play when you are talking body parts, thats a whole new spectrum. I like the comment though!! Gave me a good chuckle

I'm still continuing my research as the days go on..but from what I know most of the production vehicles from the late 80's, 90's, 00's..their hardness is at a level 2, unless they are an exotic like a lamborghini, ferrari, bentley etc. If I am not mistaken the hardness level of the exotic cars are at a level 8 or 12. I dont think nail polish would be a good example in this scenario lol. There is also nutrition levels that need to come into play when you are talking body parts, thats a whole new spectrum. I like the comment though!! Gave me a good chuckle
    Well, Id be surprised if the secret to the hardness of Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley was 29.95 Nano-spray from Pepboys .I rather think the mutli level dip,paint and bake process has far more to do with it. Any topical spray applied to the clear coat will not change the chemical bond or make up of the paint. The only hope is that the topical spray is only adding a coating or patina to the already cured paint. My good friend and next door neighbor does high end auto restorations 100k plus. There is no magic spray and it might surprise you to know that most high-end autos 100k+ are still waxed and maintained with carnuba wax and sweat, try pledge on wheels if your concerned with dust works really well and has a lemony sent. Thank you for the chuckle.

Bentley

Nano spray Damn the Japanenese are good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.