I hate guests in my rex - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hate guests in my rex within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Black11wrx Guest's we drive around just don't understand the love we have for our sub's anyway... maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Black11wrx View Post
    Guest's we drive around just don't understand the love we have for our sub's anyway... maybe it's mayonaise!
    I agree....my friends always laugh and joke when I wave to another sooby owner. they just don't know how much love we have for our cars I guess...
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2004 View Post
    I agree....my friends always laugh and joke when I wave to another sooby owner. they just don't know how much love we have for our cars I guess...
    Same here! My housemate was giving me a hard time the other day because a guy threw deuces at me. As an M3 driver, he just doesn't understand. M3 drivers only know how to perform one hand gesture...
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm having hard luck I guess.I waved,flashed my lights at 3 different WRXs over the past 2 days & no response.One guy came up behind me in an RS.I rolled down my window & waved & he had a WTF look on his face!Where is the love,people?
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Yup, im very selective about who I rides in my vehicle. Also need to follow the rules of Willie's Car.
    Wow, I think you may be even more persnickety than I was in my "OMGDONTTOUCHMYCAR!" phase of life. Children = Perspective, for me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, I think you may be even more persnickety than I was in my "OMGDONTTOUCHMYCAR!" phase of life. Children = Perspective, for me.
    I farted in your passenger seat before I got out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Children = Perspective, for me.
    Exactly.Everyone here is discussing who they let into their car & what rules they have for car etiquette.They don't seem to realize that one day most ,if not all of them will have kids.Parents don't have much of a choice ,do they.Children WILL mess up your car.So enjoy your rules while you can.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Dutch oven ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Exactly.Everyone here is discussing who they let into their car & what rules they have for car etiquette.They don't seem to realize that one day most ,if not all of them will have kids.Parents don't have much of a choice ,do they.Children WILL mess up your car.So enjoy your rules while you can.
    I just clean mine a lot. I like the new found feeling of getting in a clean car. Otherwise everytime I get in I just think "Man, I should wash this thing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I stored the aroma in Tupperware, and blended its essence with coffee creamer. Thanks for adding a little spice to my morning drink!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I keep the front of the car pretty clean...the back seat is Cheeto-licious. (I do vacuum it out periodically...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Dutch oven ftw!
    Totally off topic.

I used to do that.

Years back, shortly after my wife moved in with me (girlfriend at the time), I found myself experiencing some really bad gas one night after eating spicy tacos for lunch. While we were watching TV I was holding them in as much as I could hoping for the coup de grace when we went to bed. We finally grew tired and went to bed. I waited until she started to doze off and let a very large, violent SBD loose. I quickly grabbed the covers and performed a picture perfect dutch oven. She woke up, screamed, pulled down the covers, looked at me with a really funny face and puked all over me.

That was the last time I ever did that.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I stored the aroma in Tupperware, and blended its essence with coffee creamer. Thanks for adding a little spice to my morning drink!
    you win

I Support ClubWRX
    I keep the front of the car pretty clean...the back seat is Cheeto-licious. (I do vacuum it out periodically...)
    Same here.We have to find whoever invented Cheetos & Cheeto-bomb the back seat of his car, & make him vaccum every single last bit.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Well, back in college, I was more picky on the lines of: "If I dont know you, then your not riding in my car." Of course, i very seldomly ever resorted to that as i got to know people ahead of time before letting them get in. I have two younger siblings (11 year old brother, 4 year old sister), So i know about the children perspective. My rules more apply to adults.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Years back, shortly after my wife moved in with me (girlfriend at the time), I found myself experiencing some really bad gas one night after eating spicy tacos for lunch. While we were watching TV I was holding them in as much as I could hoping for the coup de grace when we went to bed. We finally grew tired and went to bed. I waited until she started to doze off and let a very large, violent SBD loose. I quickly grabbed the covers and performed a picture perfect dutch oven. She woke up, screamed, pulled down the covers, looked at me with a really funny face and puked all over me.

That was the last time I ever did that.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Well, back in college, I was more picky on the lines of: "If I dont know you, then your not riding in my car."
    What were you afraid of, if you don't mind my asking?

My stance on this kind of thing has changed radically over the last 10-15 years. I've been introduced to a few things here and there are actually worth getting excited and neurotic about. The sanctity of my car no longer makes the list. I keep it clean, but it's just for my sake...if someone makes a mess, that's what cleaning stuff is for.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

What were you afraid of, if you don't mind my asking?
    More of a trust/safety thing. Mainly during my high school years when i have had people (some i knew and some i didnt) bring illegal substances or items into my car without my knowing initially, and being told (or finding out) after the fact or during the drive.

So, after i graduated high school, i began being selective, although used very loosely. I typically get to know people first and develop a trust/understanding with that person. And i try to make sure that i know what is in my car as often as possible.

So, its more out of habit now. I know messes are unavoidable (and actually dont bother me that much, like you said, cleaner does wonders), but my reasoning is actually not based on that.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast