how to get snow off the car - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on how to get snow off the car within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Cliff P I find it funny how you guys actually remove the snow. I take a scraper ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff P View Post
    I find it funny how you guys actually remove the snow.

I take a scraper to the windows, and then go driving. Most of the snow will come off on it's own, and the heat will take care of the rest.
    So you're one of "those" people
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I take a scraper to the windows, and then go driving. Most of the snow will come off on it's own, and the heat will take care of the rest.
    Please don't be "that guy". Have some respect for the other drivers on the road.

Good example of someone not cleaning of their car:

I was driving my gf's Saturn Vue and there was some retard next to me who didn't wipe his car off at all and was driving carelessly and a good chunk of snow came off his front/hood and went right onto the windshield basically blinding me. Luckily I'm not stupid and didn't swerve or nothing and crash. Mind you this was all on snow/ice covered roads. Now if my gf was driving, we probably would've ended up off the road in a tree or something.

Moral of the story: please clean your car off and stop being lazy. You never know what can happen when all that snow falls off of your car.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX

Aside from the fact that it is illegal to drive with snow on your car in some states,the snow flying off your car causes a nuisance for other drivers.Not to mention that our tax dollars go towards cleaning the very roads you just dumped snow on,when all you had to do was spend 2 minutes cleaning you car.Very responsible.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Oh cmon guys, my e-sarcasm is failing I guess. I'm in El Paso TX right now, so snow isn't common. When it snows here, I don't leave the hotel room

Back in MD when it snows, I pull the scoob out of the garage

On a more serious note, when it snowed 80+" total last year in MD, I used a California blade on the car and truck. Doesnt take the layer of ice off the car, so no worries about surface scratching.

lol I didn't realize like 3 of us flamed you.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Lol! Well I'd fully expect it if I had actually done as stated above. Believe me, I hate it just as much as the next guy when someone doesn't knock the snow off their car.

'02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Slick!

After looking at the snow rake thing and reading the article in the "info-mercial voice" I feel like I know nothing about it.

What is so special about it?

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

It's soft enough that when you drag it across the hood, or any part of the car it won't scratch anything yet firm enough to pull 8" of snow off my car and truck. The dealerships around here use it all the time to clear the snow off their vehicles on their lots...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah,I use that now.Its a loy easier & faster to get the snow off.Got it at the local auto zone.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

my car is 3 days old and it hasent snowed on it yet. although there are already enough scratches as it is. I surely dont want to add more doing "snow removal" maybe i will bust out my leaf blower and go out every hour during the storm

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    the snow rake seems to be the same as the sno brum (and vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    umm, about how far did you set yours from the car? I think I put mine too close...

EDIT: oh, wait, you said "heaters"...yeah, nevermind, I used propane "torches"

my bad everybody. my bad. lol...TFGIF
    I believe I kept mine farther away than you did.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast