how to get snow off the car - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

This is a discussion on how to get snow off the car within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones FAIL. Sorry but this is going to sound harsh but Subarus are built for all weather ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Eric05mx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    FAIL. Sorry but this is going to sound harsh but Subarus are built for all weather driving. They're rampant here in CO in some of the worst winter weather you can find.

    If your Subaru is parked for the winter find another brand.
    Well, that is YOUR opinion. You have the freedom of spending your money on whatever car's you want and doing what you want with them. I like how you say FAIL, haha. Ok buddy, I guess I will choose another brand because I didn't drive my new car this winter.
    I don't make a lot of money so I am happy to even afford this car so I tend to value things a tad more than others.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Damned Malcontent shamankjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    699

    Sno Brum for the win!

  4. #18
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,466
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    If your Subaru is parked for the winter find another brand.
    May I suggest a Lancer? Sorry, but EvolutionM.net is riddled with posts titled "Can't wait for spring so that I can drive my Evo!" I bought my car years ago because of its handling in inclement conditions, I've never regretted any of the 6 winters my Subaru has pulled me through

    Though at the end of the day, each person views their car differently.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  5. #19
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    FAIL. Sorry but this is going to sound harsh but Subarus are built for all weather driving. They're rampant here in CO in some of the worst winter weather you can find.

    If your Subaru is parked for the winter find another brand.
    I think that's just a matter of opinion. Technically your G wagen was built to spin 27" wheels and carry around rap stars but you decided go off-roading with it.

  6. #20
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,466
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Technically your G wagen was built to spin 27" wheels and carry around rap stars but you decided go off-roading with it.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  7. #21
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,820
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post

    Sno Brum for the win!
    exactly,i have that thing now.its compact & i can get snow off 2 cars fast.I even use it to get snow off my neighbor's cars & they r impressed.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16
    well according to my dealer they claim that u need to go through your insurance company to fix the dings from rocks from the road....I feel if enough of us owner complain they will have to do something about the poor quality of paint on the front of the car..I paid a good penny with out a problem..however subaru is not listening too me. I am not happy how easily the paint is damage..

  9. #23
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Well, that is YOUR opinion. You have the freedom of spending your money on whatever car's you want and doing what you want with them. I like how you say FAIL, haha. Ok buddy, I guess I will choose another brand because I didn't drive my new car this winter.
    I don't make a lot of money so I am happy to even afford this car so I tend to value things a tad more than others.
    If you don't make that much, why spend so much on something that you just park in the winter? Sorry, but I don't see the logic in that. Your car will actually work better if you drive it year-round. Cars don't like to sit and then get driven. It causes all sorts of funny issues. I wasn't trying to be a jerk by putting FAIL by the way, so sorry if you took it as an insult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I think that's just a matter of opinion. Technically your G wagen was built to spin 27" wheels and carry around rap stars but you decided go off-roading with it.
    Well once I buy another one, I'll become a rap star and put 27s on it. And chrome the entire car, inside and out.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRXU View Post
    well according to my dealer they claim that u need to go through your insurance company to fix the dings from rocks from the road....I feel if enough of us owner complain they will have to do something about the poor quality of paint on the front of the car..I paid a good penny with out a problem..however subaru is not listening too me. I am not happy how easily the paint is damage..
    Dings are much cheaper to fix in the long run by just paying out of pocket. They're going to be less to fix than your deductible anyway unless they're really bad and you have a low deductible ($100 or so).


    I've kept snow off my car this week by hooking up my portable propane heaters and aiming them at the car overnight. Works wonders!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  10. #24
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post


    Well once I buy another one, I'll become a rap star and put 27s on it. And chrome the entire car, inside and out.
    Attaboy!

  11. #25
    Registered User Eric05mx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    If you don't make that much, why spend so much on something that you just park in the winter? Sorry, but I don't see the logic in that. Your car will actually work better if you drive it year-round. Cars don't like to sit and then get driven. It causes all sorts of funny issues. I wasn't trying to be a jerk by putting FAIL by the way, so sorry if you took it as an insult.
    I just didn't drive it this winter because I had a beater car to run until spring. I am going to sell it and put that money towards a good set of winter rims & tire's for next year.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Heavy coat of wax before snow
    2006 wrX

  13. #27
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I just didn't drive it this winter because I had a beater car to run until spring. I am going to sell it and put that money towards a good set of winter rims & tire's for next year.
    Now that sounds like a good plan.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  14. #28
    Damned Malcontent shamankjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I've kept snow off my car this week by hooking up my portable propane heaters and aiming them at the car overnight. Works wonders!
    umm, about how far did you set yours from the car? I think I put mine too close...




    EDIT: oh, wait, you said "heaters"...yeah, nevermind, I used propane "torches"

    my bad everybody. my bad. lol...TFGIF
    Last edited by shamankjm; 02-04-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: ahh moment...

  15. #29
    Registered User cjm1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I just didn't drive it this winter because I had a beater car to run until spring. I am going to sell it and put that money towards a good set of winter rims & tire's for next year.
    I completely understand not driving in the snow, it doesn't matter how well your car does in the snow there is always going to be kids in their crappy uninsured cars that drive stupid in the winter. I know from experience, my friend just got his brand new MS3 totaled by a 16 year old in a pile of crap s10 that had no insurance. What a nightmare.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    I find it funny how you guys actually remove the snow.

    I take a scraper to the windows, and then go driving. Most of the snow will come off on it's own, and the heat will take care of the rest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •