Cracks Around My Hood Scoop From Bondo How Do I Fix it???

This is a discussion on Cracks Around My Hood Scoop From Bondo How Do I Fix it??? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2002 WRX and the guy i bought it from bondoed the seam around the hood scoop. ...

Cracks Around My Hood Scoop From Bondo How Do I Fix it???

I just bought a 2002 WRX and the guy i bought it from bondoed the seam around the hood scoop. Now the corners are cracking does anyone know any way to fix this?? Or do you think it will just completely rust out my hood, or get worse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi,

Welcome. A single thread will suffice.

The hood is aluminium. Although it will oxidize, oxidation in this case is desirable (and inevitable anyway). It will not "rust" like other metals though.

Go to a body shop and get an opinion since it may not be "clean" to remove the scoop and replace it. If it seems simple enough though, just do that -- replace the scoop.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ya I think that I'm going to do that hopefully it won't cost too much.