Limited Leather Seat question??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Limited Leather Seat question?? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I have a 2010 WRX Limited and the seats are amazing! However, a friend of mine got in the ...

Limited Leather Seat question??

So, I have a 2010 WRX Limited and the seats are amazing! However, a friend of mine got in the car the other day and had a button on their paints and ended up putting a scratch on my passenger side seatHey, stuff happens. However, I was wondering if anyone has experience on how to possible repair/fix the seat? It isn't a RIP or a TEAR or anything, just a superficial scratch and the scratch isn't horrendous or anything. I can live with it, but still, if it can be fixed I would prefer that obviously lol. I do not have a photo at this time, but if it means someone helping me, I will gladly take on. Thanks guys/gals!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vez
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do for scratches. I managed a leather store for several years as well as did repairs. If there's a coloration difference between the scratch and the seat, you can use leather dye to help it blend back into the color of the seat (but test the dye somewhere first!). You can also trim the leather "flash" which resulted from the scratch so it doesn't catch your eye as easily and is less noticable to the touch.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Well, the good thing is that the leather underneath isn't that far off as far as coloration goes. It is just not as shiny as the top most part of the leather. I haven't touched the "flash" parts yet, so I don't know if I should leave it and try and work with it, or just remove it. Thank you for your input though!! Having a leather worker answer my question was best case scenario.
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.