Where to start cleaning an faded 2004 wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Where to start cleaning an faded 2004 wrx within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will probably gut go to auto zone and get a bunch of different products, just keep throwing different compounds ...

I will probably gut go to auto zone and get a bunch of different products, just keep throwing different compounds at it until I get it to the point where i want it. What order should I do things in
    wash, clay, rubbing compound, polish, wax
    or should I do the clay later in the process
    2004 wrx remo red. mods; up-pipe, muffler delete with costume axel back exhaust, big ass mid-pipe leak (loud as hell, result of up-pipe install :P)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

clay should def be one of the first it will smooth everything out and take out all the crap that has adheired to the finish, if it needs it its an extra step thats worth it imo, keep in mind it will in most cases remove any wax so clay, but does not rplenish scratches so the order you will clean wash and dry any scratchx by meguires on scratch or gash, then the clay , rubbing compound then wax and depending on protection ya want will want to do multiple wax layers, like i said this last time took me w/ help of another around 6 hrs w/ a buffer, definately worth it .. NOTE!: be careful afterwards, finished product can and will result in constat stares, even you yourself will be tempted to keep locked onto your reflection rather than paying attention to the road

lol i hope so.It is so pain full knowing I have a new car at my house but I can't go see it for another week. Have to stay at school.
    2004 wrx remo red. mods; up-pipe, muffler delete with costume axel back exhaust, big ass mid-pipe leak (loud as hell, result of up-pipe install :P)

ohh i bet lol, well good luck cant wait to see, also if ya have anymore questions i stumbled upon this site : http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...al%20Questions should answer anything else

Thanks for the help. I will post before and after pics as soon as I can.

I forgot to ask where would be the best place to get matching paint for the side skirts.

well as far as paint matching goes kinda depends on where your located, ive tried several ways as far as from ordering online which may be a bit cheaper but its factory paint and may not match exactly your paint due to the amt of years its holding, i was doin multiple repairs and just brought in my fender,(it was already off) and brought it into capitol auto body paint, its a pait store but the are mainly about automotive, did an exact paint match and looked awesome, i believe they are a small local business so ya will want to do some shopping around and read reviews, try to bring in something for them to match paint to, its up to you what to remove but thinking about it the scoop is very easy to remove and is large enough lol

I will see if i can get a paint match. I have very little money so I will probably just go for the stock color. Even if it doesn't match comply it might have a nice 2 tone effect or will sure as hell look better than the black.

nice yeh and after the wax the paint should be lookin good, do ya think ya gonna spry the black part of the mirrors as well, imo it really puts the car together and quite simple to do

Do you have a picture if it?

yeh i have pics of my car, its wrb, i am at work so cant upload pics through this cp but if ya wanna throw me your # i can text it to ya

Before and after pics. The buffing went really well, got her lookin new. The first 3 are before the second 3 pics are after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg   photo 3.jpg   IMG_1119.jpg   IMG_1133.jpg  

IMG_1123.jpg  

D@MNNNN lookin good, like that color way vibrant; and shiney, lol is that a whole street view and house im seein in your trunk lol, GOOD JOB!!

polish and wax did an amazing job. Can you post some pics of the black mirrors?

unfortunatly i cant post any pics on this pc as its at my work and just fried my home pc so this is my only connection for now, the subie is blue and i painted the black part of the mirriors to match so all blue, i can send a multimedia pic via cell phone if ya want, its a good pic, if ya want ya can e-mail me your # if ya not want it posted on this site, ya shold be abel to directly send it through this site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12