2011 WRX STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX STI within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I have a very important question to ask and a bit pissed off. I have just newly purchased ...

2011 WRX STI

Hello everyone,

I have a very important question to ask and a bit pissed off.

I have just newly purchased a WRX STI in pearl white and upon arriving home i realized there was yellowish splatter marks on the inside of the wheel wells almost coffee/toffe colour looking. I tried cleaning it with water and soap but it was not disappearing.

I suspect they are from the wheels (i.e. rubber) perhaps the oil or shine they put on it. But i'm confused as to how it is non-removable????

Any ideas, I'm not paint expert but it seems as if it is in the paint.

look forward to your replies,

Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you post some pics, I will try to help if I can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Congrats by the way! I can't wait to get the 2011 STI!!! I am still trying to figure out what color to get!

It's between the Satin Pearl White and the WR Rally Blue at this point. Some pics of the car too would be great!

try using some clay bar. if that doesn't work than you may need to try something other than you would typically have in a basic detailing kit

I often use the turtle wax bug and tar remover that is in a green spray bottle, which I buy from Autozone. I have found that it works very well on tough to remove things. I would recommend you do a little test spray on the stain and use a microfibre cloth to wipe it off.
    If that does not work, I would recommend taking it back to the dealer. It really should not be your problem, they should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti007 View Post
    Can you post some pics, I will try to help if I can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Congrats by the way! I can't wait to get the 2011 STI!!! I am still trying to figure out what color to get!

It's between the Satin Pearl White and the WR Rally Blue at this point. Some pics of the car too would be great!
    Why not in plasma blue?
    2011 obsidian black pearl limited wrx

Quote Originally Posted by subasti View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a very important question to ask and a bit pissed off.

I have just newly purchased a WRX STI in pearl white and upon arriving home i realized there was yellowish splatter marks on the inside of the wheel wells almost coffee/toffe colour looking. I tried cleaning it with water and soap but it was not disappearing.

I suspect they are from the wheels (i.e. rubber) perhaps the oil or shine they put on it. But i'm confused as to how it is non-removable????

Any ideas, I'm not paint expert but it seems as if it is in the paint.

look forward to your replies,

Mark
    IMO,Honestly, i wouldnt touch it. The car is brand new!! Bring that thing back to the dealer and let them handle it. No need for you to take money out of your own pocket.
    NYCE1S.com
    www.Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on our Facebook fan page:Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on Twitter:@Rwnyce1s & @Nyce1s

92' Bubble with K20 swap.Tuned by Yosolo with KPRO
    02' WRX with basic bolt-ons(for now)

I have a similar discoloration with my 2011 SWP sedan...Honestly It doesn't really bother me as it's only INSIDE the wheel well and very difficult to see unless you're on top of it.

With that being said...if it gives you heartburn, by all means have the dealer fix it. You paid 30-40k for a reason
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

SuB Par Paint...

It is the wheel dressing the paint does not take to it well. I notice the same problem on my 2011 spark silver WRX. Even after the car has been wax twice...Only two weeks old. Took it back to the dealer and they buff it out. I am also experiencing rock chips.. It appears that the paint is really cheap..the dealer fixed one on the bumper. Now I have two more one on the hood...I am not a happy camper.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just decided to get clear bra.It seems it is well worth the $.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by WillRXU View Post
    It is the wheel dressing the paint does not take to it well. I notice the same problem on my 2011 spark silver WRX. Even after the car has been wax twice...Only two weeks old. Took it back to the dealer and they buff it out. I am also experiencing rock chips.. It appears that the paint is really cheap..the dealer fixed one on the bumper. Now I have two more one on the hood...I am not a happy camper.
    There will be many many more. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but as said, the clear bra is well worth it. The front of my wrx looks like it was sandblasted.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That's a real bummer to find out the paint on these cars is crap. I can live with a cheap interior and bad stereo. With only 1500 miles on my car I parked it for the winter because I was afraid to see what it would look like in the spring.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I know maybe we all are driving to car to fast and rocks are not use to the speed of a WRX....Where do get the clear bra and how much is it.....

I checked on the price of clear bra today.SOA needs to defer the cost..I am thinking of getting another layer of clear coat....

Quote Originally Posted by hcancino View Post
    Why not in plasma blue?
    I looked at the Plasma Blue and it looked purple to me. I am now between WR Blue Pearl and Dark Gray Metallic. I have to wait until at least March to get the STI because the SPT Boost gauge won't be available until then according to my dealer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.