i think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off

This is a discussion on i think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off, but i dont remember buffing idk well it looks dull what ...

i think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off

I think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off, but i dont remember buffing idk well it looks dull what can i do, and i have bird poop on the roof when i bought the car it sank through the clear coat what can i do about that and another thing how to get dents out with touch the paint if you know what i mean i have a 2004 subaru wrx black too well the weird black that only some 2004 came with like green in the black paint its a cool color and i want to keep it like that thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwelc5 View Post
    I think i buffed my spoiler clear coat off, but i dont remember buffing idk well it looks dull what can i do, and i have bird poop on the roof when i bought the car it sank through the clear coat what can i do about that and another thing how to get dents out with touch the paint if you know what i mean i have a 2004 subaru wrx black too well the weird black that only some 2004 came with like green in the black paint its a cool color and i want to keep it like that thanks
    Well for one, it would help if you used proper punctuation. From what I can comprehend, I can tell you that what you need to get a respray of clearcoat and be done with it. Not much else you can do once the clearcoat layer is totally gone.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattwelc5 View Post
    head. explode.

Quote Originally Posted by dub View Post
    head. Explode.
    +10,000
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Here, I think you dropped these ...,,..,..!!???,,,....

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Here, I think you dropped these ...,,..,..!!???,,,....

It depends on how much you want to spend. The only way you're going to get it looking really good will be to have the entire car sanded and resprayed. The OEM paint is crap in the first place, so if you even took a brand new car off the lot and had a decent shop respray it it would look ten times better. Depending on how many dents you have that need to be filled(and assuming you're keeping it the same color) you could be looking at $2000 - $3000. But trust me, it will look so much better than anything else you could possibly do.

Anything you do other than that isn't going to look that good because the OEM paint is crap in the first place.

Ohh, and did I mention the OEM paint is crap?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post

It depends on how much you want to spend. The only way you're going to get it looking really good will be to have the entire car sanded and resprayed. The OEM paint is crap in the first place, so if you even took a brand new car off the lot and had a decent shop respray it it would look ten times better. Depending on how many dents you have that need to be filled(and assuming you're keeping it the same color) you could be looking at $2000 - $3000. But trust me, it will look so much better than anything else you could possibly do.

Anything you do other than that isn't going to look that good because the OEM paint is crap in the first place.

Ohh, and did I mention the OEM paint is crap?
    if you wetsanded and buffed the OEM paint, it would look show quality, 100x better than new factory orange peel

But, if the clear is gone, you could talk to a shop about respraying just the clear if its just burned through anywhere. However, if its peeling, you'd be best to get the paint and everything resprayed, and have the entire car sanded down with 320/400, sealed, then painted.

And, for the dings/dents, look in the phonebook for the Paintless dent repair guys. They do amazing work. Pretty much massage the ding/dent out with a piece of wire that almost looks like a coat hanger. No idea what they do to get it out though...but, they're about $40 a ding/dent, but, most will give you a whole car deal for like $250 or so if its pretty bad.

But, I would try and fill as little as possible, just because, I hate plastic...lol
    Still No Subie Yet
    2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    1985 Dodge Omni GLH