Scuffed Rims

This is a discussion on Scuffed Rims within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, being an idiot...I nicked a curb today and there is a circular scuff on the outer lip of my ...

Scuffed Rims

So, being an idiot...I nicked a curb today and there is a circular scuff on the outer lip of my rear right rim. I am planning on sanding down the rougher parts and then trying to find a matching paint to paint over the sanded parts.

Is there a better way to go about this? Will this just look worse if the paint is even a shade off? Should I just buy a new rim from the dealer? Also, should I have posted this in a different forum?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a pretty good plan. It's not going to look perfect, but if you don't want to pay for a whole new wheel I bet it will turn out pretty good.

Here's an excellent article for repairing scuffs. There's a similar one, but much more detailed done by a BMW guy, couldn't find it again.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml

I adapted it to fit my half assed and half time approach. Ended up using high build primer to fill the nicks, etc..., sanded, and then used the closest matching paint I could find to the factory wheels. Couldn't find the damage unless I made an effort to look for it afterwards.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'