Leather Restoration?

This is a discussion on Leather Restoration? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everybody. I'm currently trying to sell a 1995 Caddy I've had for a while and everything about the car ...

Leather Restoration?

Hey everybody.

I'm currently trying to sell a 1995 Caddy I've had for a while and everything about the car is perfect (runs great, nothing is broken or dinged up, etc) but the interior is also all leather. Over time it seems to have been scratched by people sitting in the seats. And while I've had no "cracking" or tears, the scratches don't look very good and I don't want that to hurt the selling value.

So I was wondering if anybody has any experience with leather upholstery and could offer some advice on how best to go about fixing it. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not having done this myself I would strongly consider having a tanner look at them locally. They may decide to even the surface out and then tan it over again; I don't know -- but they will and they'll probably do it right. It may not be a hard DIY but if you don't want to get it wrong.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.