Okay so i spent about an hour going through posts and wanted to join it all here because it was SO much new information to me. The paint on my car is in fantastic condition and I would like to keep it that way. I'll be buying all of this stuff at the same time.
First off, what are the must have tools/utensils for fully detailing a car (excluding a buffer)? This includes cleaning the interior, the rims and the paint. Do I need a rim brush? I will need a shammy, microfiber cloth and what else?
What are some MUST haves for interior cleaning? I have cloth seats. I would like to keep all the vinyl clean
For detailing the exterior I'm curious as to why I would clean the wheels first as mentioned. Wouldn't dirt from cleaning the paint run down onto the freshly cleaned wheels?
So far I want to pick up
- stoner's invisible glass for the windows, what cloth should I use?
- simple green for the engine bay, can I use it on the intercooler?
- nevr-dull on the exhaust, what should I use to apply this?
- I was thinking about picking up the Mother's ultimate wax system and clay bar. What soap should I pick up that isn't dawn?
And the steps to detailing go something like this right?
- hose down
- wash a section then hose it down and dry it with shammy
- clay bar
- step 2 and 3 of mother's kit
I intend to wash the car outside and then wax in my garage