Light/off colored spots and specks on paint..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Light/off colored spots and specks on paint.. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On a few parts of my car, there seems to be like spots and streaks where the paint is like ...

Light/off colored spots and specks on paint..

On a few parts of my car, there seems to be like spots and streaks where the paint is like lighter colored. Anyone know what would cause this or how would I, if I could, fix it?

Also is there anyway to fix or minimize the small pecks of missing paint from road debris on my hood and front end??

All these little minor flaws make me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does it look like the paint ran together during a paint job. if they do not spray metallic right they often run together and look kind of cloudy. thats how i would describe the look. and the best way to get rid of paint chips is to respray. if its not many go to a local body shop and have them mix you a little bit of paint and get a fine tip paint brush and just dab paint into them. the whole front of my car is peppered. even into my doors. the person before me drove on a stone road all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAnKy WrX View Post
    does it look like the paint ran together during a paint job. if they do not spray metallic right they often run together and look kind of cloudy. thats how i would describe the look. and the best way to get rid of paint chips is to respray. if its not many go to a local body shop and have them mix you a little bit of paint and get a fine tip paint brush and just dab paint into them. the whole front of my car is peppered. even into my doors. the person before me drove on a stone road all the time.
    I don't think so since it's the factory paint job. just a few spots near the bottom of the rear fender.. kind like how water damage would look on paint..

Yeah, my whole front is pretty much peppered like that. I'm guessing it's from the previous owner. The fog lights are scratched to the wazoo lol. I'll probably just invest in a new color later.

What color? I always thought I was gonna get a red wrx but I ended up going with blue, and I was happy when I found out that UV light (what damages paint over time) is in the blue spectrum... so a blue car would deflect it and a red car would absorb it. Thats why older red cars have that washed out faded look (unless they are garaged)

This has been a useless info update from Graham
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    What color? I always thought I was gonna get a red wrx but I ended up going with blue, and I was happy when I found out that UV light (what damages paint over time) is in the blue spectrum... so a blue car would deflect it and a red car would absorb it. Thats why older red cars have that washed out faded look (unless they are garaged)

This has been a useless info update from Graham
    Ahh, awesome. I've been wanting to go for a sleek dark gunmetal color.. something different.

Quote Originally Posted by mareeh View Post
    On a few parts of my car, there seems to be like spots and streaks where the paint is like lighter colored. Anyone know what would cause this or how would I, if I could, fix it?

Also is there anyway to fix or minimize the small pecks of missing paint from road debris on my hood and front end??

All these little minor flaws make me
    Those specs are impossible to get out. I hate them as well. Just have to learn to live with them or have a pro take care of them.

The specs I am talking about are the really deep ones. For the smaller ones you can try a polish but this also might be a job for a professional detailer. Make sure the car has a nice wax to help clean up the paint.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Those specs are impossible to get out. I hate them as well. Just have to learn to live with them or have a pro take care of them.
    Aye. Welcome to Subaru paint.

Be glad you have silver - it's one of the best colors at hiding them.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

so far you have the same year and color car as me. and now you want to paint it the same color i want to paint mine. one ? do you drink dr. pepper too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpAnKy WrX View Post
    so far you have the same year and color car as me. and now you want to paint it the same color i want to paint mine. one ? do you drink dr. pepper too. lol
    hahahh actually I do drink dr. pepper lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.