Pollen Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pollen Problem within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any tips for keeping pollen off of m 05 WRX sedan? I know i cant comppletely eliminate it, but i ...

Pollen Problem

Any tips for keeping pollen off of m 05 WRX sedan? I know i cant comppletely eliminate it, but i washed it 2 days ago and its green again.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I live in Las Vegas and there's been lots of dust and pollen floating around lately. It's bad enough that it's a giant pile of dust here anyway, lol.

Hopefully there's a better solution but what I've been doing is just taking a rag out and wiping the car down every day or two to clean all the dust/pollen off. If the windows need cleaned then I do that while I'm out there. Keeps the car clean and never takes more than 15 minutes.

I'd love to know the answer to this too..

I keep mine in covered parking at night and wipe it down with a "California Duster"... I'm iffy as to whether it will scratch the paint or not but it hasn't yet so I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jremick View Post
    I live in Las Vegas and there's been lots of dust and pollen floating around lately. It's bad enough that it's a giant pile of dust here anyway, lol.

Hopefully there's a better solution but what I've been doing is just taking a rag out and wiping the car down every day or two to clean all the dust/pollen off. If the windows need cleaned then I do that while I'm out there. Keeps the car clean and never takes more than 15 minutes.
    Just a wet rag?

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Just a wet rag?
    Sorry, I should've been more specific.

I use microfiber cloths and glass cleaner [both] from ArmorAll. The glass cleaner from ArmorAll is ammonia free, which is safer for non-glass surfaces. In case you don't know, ammonia will take wax and polish off the paint and is hard on the paint. I would recommend using a quick detailer spray that is designed for this specific application.

Once I get a chance I'll be picking up some of the quick detailer spray. I'm not too concerned at the moment since the car needs a new paint job anyway, lol.
    Last edited by jremick; 04-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jremick View Post
    Sorry, I should've been more specific.

I use microfiber cloths and glass cleaner [both] from ArmorAll. The glass cleaner from ArmorAll is ammonia free, which is safer non-glass surfaces. In case you don't know, ammonia will take wax and polish off the paint and is hard on the paint. I would recommend using a quick detailer spray that is designed for this specific application.

Once I get a chance I'll be picking up some of the quick detailer spray. I'm not too concerned at the moment since the car needs a new paint job anyway, lol.
    Sweet. Thanks.

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Sweet. Thanks.
    No problem, glad I could help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.