Pollen Problem

This is a discussion on Pollen Problem within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any tips for keeping pollen off of m 05 WRX sedan? I know i cant comppletely eliminate it, but i ...

Pollen Problem

Any tips for keeping pollen off of m 05 WRX sedan? I know i cant comppletely eliminate it, but i washed it 2 days ago and its green again.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I live in Las Vegas and there's been lots of dust and pollen floating around lately. It's bad enough that it's a giant pile of dust here anyway, lol.

Hopefully there's a better solution but what I've been doing is just taking a rag out and wiping the car down every day or two to clean all the dust/pollen off. If the windows need cleaned then I do that while I'm out there. Keeps the car clean and never takes more than 15 minutes.

I'd love to know the answer to this too..

I keep mine in covered parking at night and wipe it down with a "California Duster"... I'm iffy as to whether it will scratch the paint or not but it hasn't yet so I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jremick View Post
    I live in Las Vegas and there's been lots of dust and pollen floating around lately. It's bad enough that it's a giant pile of dust here anyway, lol.

Hopefully there's a better solution but what I've been doing is just taking a rag out and wiping the car down every day or two to clean all the dust/pollen off. If the windows need cleaned then I do that while I'm out there. Keeps the car clean and never takes more than 15 minutes.
    Just a wet rag?

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Just a wet rag?
    Sorry, I should've been more specific.

I use microfiber cloths and glass cleaner [both] from ArmorAll. The glass cleaner from ArmorAll is ammonia free, which is safer for non-glass surfaces. In case you don't know, ammonia will take wax and polish off the paint and is hard on the paint. I would recommend using a quick detailer spray that is designed for this specific application.

Once I get a chance I'll be picking up some of the quick detailer spray. I'm not too concerned at the moment since the car needs a new paint job anyway, lol.
    Last edited by jremick; 04-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jremick View Post
    Sorry, I should've been more specific.

I use microfiber cloths and glass cleaner [both] from ArmorAll. The glass cleaner from ArmorAll is ammonia free, which is safer non-glass surfaces. In case you don't know, ammonia will take wax and polish off the paint and is hard on the paint. I would recommend using a quick detailer spray that is designed for this specific application.

Once I get a chance I'll be picking up some of the quick detailer spray. I'm not too concerned at the moment since the car needs a new paint job anyway, lol.
    Sweet. Thanks.

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Sweet. Thanks.
    No problem, glad I could help.