SPT Chrome Tips
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SPT Chrome Tips within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I have the spt exhaust on my car and the chrome tips seem have lost its chromeness... what ...

SPT Chrome Tips

Hey all,

I have the spt exhaust on my car and the chrome tips seem have lost its chromeness... what can I use to clean it and bring the chromeness back LOL... Thanks in advance.

Also what are you guys using to clean the OEM rims? and wax the car with? I get so lost @ AutoZone in the detailing section lol...
    I <3 SASHA.M

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any good name brand chrome polish should work along with bug/tar remover for the tips. i like the meguiars nxt wax but i'm sure there are going to be people who dissagree. can't give ya any advice on what to use on wheels i just wash em.

Thanks silverautorex. At least now I have an idea of what to look for when I'm @ AutoZone.
    I <3 SASHA.M

for the wheels i like to use the meguiars all wheel cleaner, it smells like ass, but it works very well
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Thanks sccoby823, I'll check it out... LOL smells like ass eh...

i'm thinkin about gettin the gold bbs refurbs from finishlinewheels.com as my summer wheels...
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 03-19-2010 at 08:16 AM.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Mother's Mag Polish works great on chrome stuff too. It takes a little while to buff it out, but it really brings back the shine. It will get rid of small rust spots also.

Good looks FryHazard, I'll see which best fits my needs....I hate that the tips got dirty so fast... looks like I'll have to shine these things on a weekly basis.
    I <3 SASHA.M

If you use a good polish on them, they should shine up with a good hand-washing once in a while. The car wash wand won't do the job on chrome if you really want it to shine.

Soft Scrub.

You probably use it on your Stainless Steel sink in the kitchen. It's extremely cheap and works very well. I make sure the surface is wet and dampen the sponge or whatever you use to apply and always had really great results and never had a problem with it causing extra scratches.

I have always been a fan of NevrDull polish. I have used it on my SPT with great results. It looks like a mirror, even shinier than the day I got it brand new.

Thanks guys.....Much appreciated.
    I <3 SASHA.M

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.