Maintaining Carbon Fiber Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Maintaining Carbon Fiber Question within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering what steps should be taken to maintain carbon fiber. should it be treated like any other ...

Maintaining Carbon Fiber Question

I was just wondering what steps should be taken to maintain carbon fiber.

should it be treated like any other part of the car?

what type of polish should be used?

eventually, you can get another coat of clearcoat sprayed on them professionally, right?

this would bring it back to it's original state i'm sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Normal soap and water. You can also wax it as well....The key is to be on top of it, not lettin any stains sit.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Is it safe to keep those parts on through winter ex. cf wing. I heard that Cf is much more fragile during winter months especially here in Utah, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blainkid View Post
    Is it safe to keep those parts on through winter ex. cf wing. I heard that Cf is much more fragile during winter months especially here in Utah, Thanks.
    i'm always careful with my carbon fiber in the winter, i don't like slamming my hood or anything, i always place it down then give it a good push. it can be extremely strong sometimes and can crack at other times.

just be careful with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post
    i'm always careful with my carbon fiber in the winter, i don't like slamming my hood or anything, i always place it down then give it a good push. it can be extremely strong sometimes and can crack at other times.

just be careful with it anyway.
    Haha okay cool thanks for the info i was kind of nervous to start swapping and have it shatter.

CF is not as fragile as some make it seem. I have ALOT of haters where i live that love to say anything they can when me n others get new parts for our cars. So they look for any reason that the CF would be a bad idea. Ive had a hood and trunk for this whole winter with no wear, but i keep my car garaged. Im sure if you have to park outside and use a cover it will be fine..
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Isn't there stuff that you can put on CF to help block the suns rays...so it doesn't fade? maybe I am just making it up...I dont know!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

i've heard lots of things about carbon fiber.

i'm sure it really depends on the quality of it. i guess my seibon is high enough quality that nothing will really happen to it.

i'm just gonna keep up with the polishing to keep the swirls down, and i'll respray it with clearcoat during the summer, gonna respray the front and rear bumpers. damn nyc parking, it makes me sick.

I try to keep mine parked in the shade as much as possible. Had mine for about 8 months now and no complaints here... yet.
    2003 WRX Midnight Black Pearl

My Pics: Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.