expoxxxyyyy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on expoxxxyyyy within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i NEED help how do i remove epoxy from my drunk? I debadged "SUBARU" but there is epoxy from where ...

expoxxxyyyy

i NEED help

how do i remove epoxy from my drunk?

I debadged "SUBARU" but there is epoxy from where one of the letter was glued back on years ago.

I've tried, "oops", "googone", "acetone" with hair dryer, "3M rubbing compound", wax, clay, liquid clay, polish.

I'm about to use a dremel....

Please, what should I do?

Chris
    "they call me tq. too quick"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Using a Dremel is a bad idea.

If you've used all these things, and you still can't get the stuff off. Then you may be screwed, because someone else "fixed" the letters the wrong way.

You've got a few options.
    • Put the letters back on
    • Trunk swap with someone who want's letters
    • sand and repaint the trunk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chris227NJ View Post
    i NEED help

how do i remove epoxy from my drunk?
    Wait until he passes out and rip it off like a bandaid.

Your "drunk", huh?

Well if you're talking about the left over adhesive behind the badges it's an easy fix. Just heat the residue up with a heat gun or hair dryer (hair dryer is more idiot friendly), and roll the residue off with your fingers once it's maliable.

When you've taken the larger pieces off, clay the debadged area and apply some wax.

I suppose you could use a dremel as well if you don't mind your paint scratched.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I Support ClubWRX
    you can try that soft tool that goes in your drill that is supposed to remove adhesive and junk without doing too much damage to the clear coat.

Another option is to mask off the letter as good as possible and wet sand until the epoxy goes away.. Remove the tape and wet sand the trunk very lightly with no more than 2,000 grit, polish trunk.

good luck.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    I suppose you could use a dremel as well if you don't mind your paint being removed.
    fixed

heat then rub olive oil then i used a pumice stone wrapped in a piece of shamwow..you could probably just use a credit card though

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    fixed
    we don't wanna scare him

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    heat then rub olive oil then i used a pumice stone wrapped in a piece of shamwow..you could probably just use a credit card though
    haha oh wow, the most innovative debadging technique
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

You ever try wd-40 let it sit on there for about 10 mins and then put some on a rag and try to wipe it off
    09 WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.