Oregon sucks

This is a discussion on Oregon sucks within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Who else hates it when you detail your car and it rains the next day or even that day...? I ...

Oregon sucks

Who else hates it when you detail your car and it rains the next day or even that day...? I just detailed my car inside, outside, top, bottom, engine... and of course it rains...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1.

I just washed/waxed my car the other day. Then went for a drive and I guess a flock of birds flew over b/c I have never been hit with so much poo at once (it was ridiculous; and I should have taken a picture b/c it may have been a record amount). The guy in a clean corvette in the lane next to me got nailed too, we both were like WTF that was one hell of a flyby. We both pulled into the same gas station to clean it up and talked cars for a bit.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 01-04-2010 at 10:35 AM.

When I was in fl it was always driving past some house or median with misaligned sprinklers that used to piss me off during winter.. since it rains every day between 3 and 6pm during summer months all you can do is wax the hell out of it and keep a water blade handy.

Here in VA.. yeah during the winter its impossible.. I hand washed mine (its black.. this car will never see a carwash..ever) on saturday in maybe 40* temps and it rained/sleeted that following evening. I didn't even dry it off after the wash cuz I knew it was going to be a fruitless effort.

I've given up on keeping the car perfect, I just try to keep it clean as possible for maintenance sake. Once spring/summer roll around I'll better be able to keep it pretty again.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    When I was in fl it was always driving past some house or median with misaligned sprinklers that used to piss me off during winter.. since it rains every day between 3 and 6pm during summer months all you can do is wax the hell out of it and keep a water blade handy.
    Yep, that is exactly what I do...keep her waxed up real nice. I usually do the clay bar, wax, polish, etc (the whole mothers kit) twice a year and just wax in between. If it rains and I need the car to look perfect I just use a bit of the quick wax spray. However, with the all the birds here in FL and getting sprayed well water it takes a bit of upkeep.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 01-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.

yep, that was pretty much the deal. Winter there was nice.. very little rain and mild temps made good for keeping the car looking tops. I was lucky enough to have city water at my disposal alot less sediment.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!