Brand New WRX - should I wax her?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brand New WRX - should I wax her? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got my 2009 WRX Hatch (white) - Do you suggest I wax her or should she be ok for ...

Brand New WRX - should I wax her?

Just got my 2009 WRX Hatch (white) - Do you suggest I wax her or should she be ok for a while?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wax it.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Wax it.

Yes, wax it yesterday. I thought my 09 would be good for a bit but tree sap made a mess of it--bubbled the clear coat in a few spots, discolor the paint in others, and ate the paint all the way down to the primer in one place. Looks like SOA will warranty some of the worst damage, though. I've put on multiple coats of wax since and the paint holding up just fine now.

It was probably painted many months ago, so go ahead and wax it...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Wax on, wax off ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Definitely a good idea. The car was painted quite some time ago and since then its been out in various lots by the factory, at the port, on the boat and at the dealer for who knows how long. Its had enough time and been in the elements enough to warrant a wax.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Wow, what dealer did you buy from that didn't wax and detail that car up nicely for you upon delivery?

If all they did was wash it, they need to be slapped and brought up to standards.

I had to wait 2 hours for the 2 guys to fully detail and wax my new WRX this past weekend, but it was worth the wait to see her all shined up and looking showroom new upon delivery.

Maybe I'm just a control freak but I specifically ask the dealer not to detail my car when I buy them.

In my experience "dealer detailing" usually means washing it, spraying on some goopy tire shine and slathering armor all over absolutely every thing in the interior.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Maybe I'm just a control freak but I specifically ask the dealer not to detail my car when I buy them.

In my experience "dealer detailing" usually means washing it, spraying on some goopy tire shine and slathering armor all over absolutely every thing in the interior.
    +1
    Well, at least the only time I did buy a new car.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post

Don't forget that new swirl mark finish from the specially-treated washrags (straight from the gritty parking lot to your hood)
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Getting my car home dirty and immediately detailing it was a very enjoyable experience.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wow, you guys have some pretty ****ty dealers where you live if that was your experience.

Wash, hand liquid wax, clean windows, and tire dressing here.
    Pretty much just like you'd get if you went to a detail shop and paid $39 for a wash and wax.
    No armorall on the interior, no funny fragrances.

Just a nice glassy and glossy shine.
    People in LA are car freaks, dealerships and detail shops wouldn't stay in business long if they cleaned and detailed cars like how you guys have explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Wow, what dealer did you buy from that didn't wax and detail that car up nicely for you upon delivery?

If all they did was wash it, they need to be slapped and brought up to standards.
    I'm pretty sure it is not the standard for a dealer to do some sort of hand wax job before they deliver the vehicle. I've bought 3 new vehicles now and all they did was peel off all the protectant plastic, give it a good wash, vaccuum, and then detail as necessary (e.g. clean any dirt from the test drive, shiny tire stuff, etc).

BTW, if your dealer did do a "free" wax job keep in mind it wasn't free. They made the money from you somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is not the standard for a dealer to do some sort of hand wax job before they deliver the vehicle. I've bought 3 new vehicles now and all they did was peel off all the protectant plastic, give it a good wash, vaccuum, and then detail as necessary (e.g. clean any dirt from the test drive, shiny tire stuff, etc).

BTW, if your dealer did do a "free" wax job keep in mind it wasn't free. They made the money from you somewhere else.
    Nope, I made the deal and signed the paperwork first.
    It's called, "customer service" they want to make the money from you in repeat customer, service visits, parts, etc.
    It would be retarded to try to sneak in a $40 fee for detailing or something. They want you back, that's where they'll make the extra money.

TBH, I wasn't expecting the full wax treatment from Subaru either, just the usual, wash and such. But when I've bought my BMW's and Infiniti and a few other cars, they wax it up.
    Maybe this dealer wasn't going to either, but after I signed the paperwork I said, "you guys going to detail it up nicely for me"? and the sales guy said, "of course, we'll fill up the tank and then I'll take it across the street to our detail center." It was done, I watched Sunday NFL football for 1.5-2 hours while they did it.
    Heck the Toyota dealer washes my car upon request with EVERY service visit, even oil changes. Actually they give you a coupon for a free car wash from the car wash place .5 mile down the street. A wax job should be standard after you've spend thousands buying a new car from any dealer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.