First fender-bender in my new '09 wrx--thank you meguiar's

This is a discussion on First fender-bender in my new '09 wrx--thank you meguiar's within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I knew it was bound to happen--one of these days I would do something royally stupid and find a way ...

First fender-bender in my new '09 wrx--thank you meguiar's

I knew it was bound to happen--one of these days I would do something royally stupid and find a way to ding my new car (which I detail regularly to look like new at least weekly).

I had woken from a mid-day nap (always feel overly groggy for the next couple hours when I do that) and was headed over to a buddies house. On the way, decided to stop for gas.

At the station, every pump was busy but one. Not thinking much of it, I maneuver the car so that I can back up to the one open pump. As I'm backing up I'm sure I have clearance. I begin to back up slowly, and as I look over I see a cute blonde smiling at me.

I reciprocate by shooting her my best Fonzi cool guy smile back, then my smile turns to a look of absolute terror as I hear an awful C-R-U-N-C-H ! Houston, we have a problem!

I promptly pull forward, get out of the car, and begin to hyperventilate. The girl is still standing there, no longer smiling, but I could care less about her by that time. I walk around back to see a horror show of paint scuffs all over the back/rear bumper and a bonus scuff on the rim.

After cursing under my breath for what must have been about 10 minutes, I finally decide to calm down, fill up, and get over to my buddies. We share some laughs (he knows about my OCD problem with the new car), and I head home.

When I get home I decide to go nuts with whatever Meguiar's products I have lying around. Long story short (or rather long story slightly less long) after much elbow grease and some Meguiar's Scratch-X I manage to restore the bumper to near new condition--fortunately most all of the paint scuff was the barrier paint on my car, not the other way around.

In the end I am left with a couple tiny scratches left in the rim (I'll figure out what to do about that soon), and one minor scratch in the bumper. After working on that with a slightly more abrasive solution (Meguiar's Scratch-X 2.0), some waxing, and sealing you can't tell I hit anything (again except for the minor scratch on the rim I still have to do something about).

I really wish I would have taken a "before" picture to post here--it looked pretty bad and I was sure I would need a new bumper.

I've been a big fan of Meguiar's since I started using their products to detail my car, but after this last experience I may be sold for life.

Thank you Meguiar's, and if that cute blonde happens to be a member on this list I'm ready for your phone number now...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sucks - should have gotten her # at the gas station.

Glad to hear she's back to normal...
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

You should have used your fender bender as a cute, but blatantly obvious way of asking for her number. Then again I can definitely understand your state of mind at that point in time . Glad you got the scratches out.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

I Support ClubWRX
    No pic of said girl?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

DUB
    ttiwwop and cn.

You should have gotten out if the car, looked at her, and said, "I meant to do that."

Think about this when deciding where to look.

A used WRX has a much higher resale value than...oh, nevermind...
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

I think your car got jealous.