dirty seats?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dirty seats? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a dirtystain on my seat whats the best way to clean the fabric with out ruining it? please ...

dirty seats?

i got a dirtystain on my seat whats the best way to clean the fabric with out ruining it? please help...
    Last edited by ajalfano; 11-02-2008 at 01:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Microfiber cloth ( no lint this way) hot water VERY mild soap solution. After soaking cloth for a few moments ring as much water out of cloth by twisting tightly. Use a steady back and forth motion on a well vacuumed seat. Making certain not to press very hard which will only extend the drying duration. If you can find it use Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional interior shampoo/car wash # 62. Just a very tiny drop in a few gallons of water.

I have used Blue Coral interior cleaner and it works pretty well.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Microfiber cloth and Bizzel or Ice Interior Detailer (also cleans) and works great to clean my seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ajalfano View Post
    i got a dirtystain on my seat whats the best way to clean the fabric with out ruining it? please help...
    If mb isnt getting it off-try 2000[used for jewelry] grit sp and warm water and soap-they will look new again.

Would probably help to know what the stain is from... Did you lose bowel control after having a scary moment in the car? Did you ahem, have a good moment in the car with a "passenger"?
    Or is it not a bodily fluid, like coffee, lipstick, grease, dirt, etc?
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

I use See Spot Go from Car Brite. That stuff really works.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

detailer

I use a thermax cp-5 hot water extractor. Of course, this machine cost me like $800 (used) so you are better off finding someone with one. Try going to a detail shop and just paying someone $5-$10 to get it out this one time if you can't seem to swing it.

Otherwise, you might try steam. I sometimes use a fabric steamer (like the one to remove wrinkles from clothes) to loosen up the dirt after applying a solvent (such as diluted purple power) and then taking a microfiber towel to it. Repeat.

If it's gum or some other such nonsense you can try carburetor cleaner. That will break it up so that you can then get up the carb cleaner with a hot water/mild detergent mix followed by clean water rinse and then absorb w/ chamois or microfiber.

B-

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.