best clay bar
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on best clay bar within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; in your experience, what have you found to be the best clay bar? i need to get to it soon....

NJO

best clay bar

in your experience, what have you found to be the best clay bar? i need to get to it soon.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had used mother`s clay bar, I have 50/50 results, depends on the damage...but generally is a good product

NJO
    50/50 results? how does that happen? how bad did it have to be that it didnt do good?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

o.k., is good for some surface minor details, like bugs, light tar, stuff like that, for bugs who has dented or chiped the paint is no good, you need a strong arm, but for overall usage, like the scum in the side mirrors some bugs and debris is pretty good

NJO
    o cool, ya my buddy has a nice one off detailersdomain.com and it worked magic. i just dnot feel like spending 30bucks yet, nexxt week perhaps.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    +1 on the clay magic. I've been using this product for quite a while now and on numerous cars. It's always done the job that I expected it to.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

I use Griot's clay it works pretty well. I'm happy with the results.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm too lazy and impatient to use a clay bar...I tried the mothers one, its meh.

I use one of these and a light rubbing cpd. Takes way less time and If I have decided to "Clay bar" I'll be applying polish with it anyways.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Clay bars are best for paints that have the "not quite smooth" texture or tree sap, oxidation, TAR (very good for tar). The problem with buffing is the steps involved. Just so many. For the right application, clay is gold. I use Mother's (Wal-mart had the kits on sale here in town a few weeks ago for $11 and I bought them all) and have had great results.

Clay bars don't restore paint or fix chips. That's not what they are for. They are for sheer-force cleaning of the paint and debris removal.

B-

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay!!

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Mopar Performance has a claybar kit that is fantastic. They send it to dealerships to detail cars on the lot.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I can't stand Clay Magic. Their "formula" is way too soft- I tend to flatten the clay too much when applying a bit of pressure, which leads to more folding and eventually more dollars out of my wallet. Also, the spray leaves some bad "water marks" if it is not buffed off immediately, so I end up sticking with water.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Zaino Bros is the only product I use on my car. Leaves the finish butter soft every time.
    04 WRX STi Blue w/ Silver Wheels

+1 for Zaino!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.